The Jewish Federation of Greater Harrisburg is seeking a Development Director to plan and implement all annual campaign and other fundraising efforts. Reporting to the CEO, the Development Director will develop and implement the annual campaign plan. The successful candidate will cultivate, and manage donors; design and implement creative and innovative fundraising strategies; recruit, organize and train and supervise volunteers; assure adherence to Campaign time schedules; oversee budgets; meet with individuals, corporations, and organizations to solicit funds for the Federation, and develop detailed knowledge of the Jewish community and philanthropic trends. The successful candidate will be an innovative leader and a team player with a strong sense of purpose, commitment, and personal responsibility to the Jewish Federation. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, visionary, dedicated to creating connections with current and future donors and volunteers, understands the realities of today’s fundraising climate and passionate about strengthening the Jewish community.
The Development Director Reports to the CEO and works extensively in partnership with the Information Systems Director and the Campaign Chair regarding the campaign.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepare annual campaign plan including goals, objectives, calendar, budget and process and modify plans as necessary throughout the Campaign year.
- Oversee all campaign divisions and supervise campaign staff.
- Manage annual campaign process; coordinate Major Gifts through prospect assignment, solicitation tracking, planning, events, missions and volunteer communications.
- Develop and implement strategies to identify, cultivate and successfully solicit new and
- existing donors.
- Recruit, select, train, support, motivate, and empower the Campaign Cabinet.
- Collaborate with other departments on the annual campaign process, volunteer leadership development, marketing, solicitation, and mission planning.
- Coordinate Campaign events such as kick offs, thank you, Maimonides, Cardozo, Women’s Division, etc.
- Develop a cadre of volunteer leadership for Campaign.
Additional Fundraising Responsibilities
- Staff Liaison for Life and Legacy Committee
- Identification of grant opportunities, grant writing, filing and reporting
- Administration of EITC/OSTC Program
- Development of sponsorship revenue and new sources of revenue.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve on senior management team
- Attend Bi-monthly Board meetings and committee meetings as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience in Campaign planning, solicitation, strategic planning, database management,
- and budgeting.
- Excellent organizational skills, meticulous attention to detail and follow-up.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and leadership skills.
- Negotiation and consensus building skills.
- Understanding of the value and nature of the lay/professional partnership.
- A strong commitment to Jewish communal life and institutions.
- An ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
- B.S. or B.A. required
- Three to five years’ experience in fundraising and volunteer management
Salary range based on experience: $50,000-$65,000. Generous PTO and Jewish holiday schedule, and benefit package available.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and references to Jennifer Ross, CEO at email@example.com .
Jewish Federation of Greater Harrisburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree Required and 3-5 years of experience.