Jewish Federation of St. Louis seeks a Security Officer who will be responsible for protecting life and property on the Millstone Campus, inclusive of designated entities that may not be on the contiguous Millstone Campus. The Officer position is armed and functions in a patrol capacity.
- Provide armed first response to criminal threats of violence against persons on the Millstone Campus (and other designated areas), at special events, and other designated entities.
- Secure premises and personnel by: patrolling property, monitoring surveillance equipment when necessary, and inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points.
- Prevent losses and damage by: reporting irregularities, informing violators of policy and procedures, warning and requesting departure of trespassers.
- Enforce traffic control applications on campus.
- Complete incident reports by: interviewing witnesses, obtaining statements, recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities.
- Set and monitor building and equipment controls and control access to locked and sensitive areas.
- Ensure operation of equipment by: completing preventive maintenance requirements, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provide services such as Vehicle Jump Start, vehicle locates and employee escorts.
- Commissioned Police Officer (any capacity) or military police officer (all branches and documented).
- Experience in the security field in addition to law enforcement, preferred.
- High School Graduate, with two years of college education or related work experience.
- Familiarity with the BEST PRACTICE methods and techniques associated with maintaining security.
- Possess a valid State Issued Driver’s License.
- Possess and maintain at all times, a valid Armed Uniform Exempt St. Louis County Security Officer License.
- Obtain current and continue to maintain an Armed Security Officer License from St. Louis County.
- Licensed and certified for all Less than Lethal weapons carried including handcuff certification.
- Security Officer’s must obtain and maintain a firearm of the specified model and caliber as designated by the Director, Community Security.
- The Security Officer must maintain the appropriate training and qualification required by the St. Louis County Police Department Security Licensing Division for armed licenses.
- The Security Officer man be required to complete additional training as required by the Jewish Federation.
All Officers will be expected to exhibit and demonstrate these qualifications and skills: lifting, surveillance skills, dealing with uncertainty, good judgment, objectivity, dependability, emotional control, integrity, safety management awareness, professionalism and reporting skills.
- Professional experience in carrying a firearm.
- Ability to lift and/or move heavy objects.
- Flexibility in scheduling, to include: ability to work evenings, weekends and special events as needed.
- Ability to sit (vehicle) and stand (events) for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in hot and cold weather.
- May be required to work in stressful situations.
For consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jewish Federation of St. Louis is an equal opportunity employer.