Position Accountabilities & Deliverables
Create investors in the community within the Professional Society – resulting in growth in Professional Society segment with number of event attendees, donors and dollars.
- Create and implement execution of the annual engagement and development work plan for the Professional Society and Corporate Partnerships, in collaboration with the Professional Society Leadership Advisory Council and the Development Team.
- Determine and implement goals and strategies for the Professional Society, maximizing the engagement‐first development model.
- Manage the Professional Society Leadership Advisory Council to vision future plans.
- Oversee execution of all Professional Society member and engagement events and development efforts including working with event chairs and committee members.
- Implement development strategies to increase the dollars raised within this segment including a personal portfolio of approximately 80 donors and prospects primarily with a connection to this segment.
Develop and execute cultivation and Corporate Partnership plans – Resulting in growth in dollars from our corporate sponsors and donors.
- Develop and manage a corporate partnership program for the Jewish Federation to achieve fundraising goals.
- Develop and implement marketing campaigns that define the benefits of engaging with Federation events and constituency groups.
- Serve as a primary contact, cultivating and soliciting each year to grow corporate sponsorships revenue and corporate gifts.
Manage the Senior Development Associate, Young Adults – resulting in growth in participants, donors and dollars from the young adult segment.
- Manage the Young Adult staff person in developing a work plan and goals for an engagement first development model for this Affinity Group.
- Help vision the best practices for Young Adults to achieve success in all three pillars: engagement, leadership and philanthropy.
- Includes oversight of the Young Adult staff integrating ownership and development of the Ben‐Gurion Society and National Young Leadership Cabinet into their work.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, required. Master’s Degree, preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in development, sales, or related field.
- Knowledge of St. Louis’ Jewish community, preferred.
- Management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of non‐Jewish business community and other potential sponsors of Federation programs and events.
- A record of success in developing and selling to professional clients.
- A front line fundraiser with proven track record of donor cultivation and solicitation experience preferred, including securing five figure gifts and above.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills and the ability to network to develop donor and corporate prospects.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to develop strategic plans and implement those plans. Excellent timemanagement with a proven ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to tell compelling stories to inspire donors.
- Ability to use discretion when handling and communicating sensitive information.
- Ability to work well in a team‐oriented environment.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products and CRM’s.
The Jewish Federation of St. Louis is the community’s central philanthropic, planning and community‐building
organization. Founded in 1901, it is one of the region’s largest and oldest nonprofit organizations. Federation is
committed to the development and enhancement of a thriving, vibrant Jewish community through the support of
approximately 60 local, national and international agencies, programs, services and innovative projects.
The Jewish Federation of St. Louis offers an extensive benefits package including health, dental, 403(b), paid vacation, paid holidays, sick and personal time, life insurance, LTD and more.
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Jewish Federation of St. Louis is an equal opportunity employer.