Come and lead us in our new $12 million JCC. Complete with squash courts, a full size gym, exercise areas, Holocaust Resource Center and the area’s premier Early Childhood Education Center. Our community also has a separate 45 acre campsite. Our campus which includes retail space is the new revenue model for small communities. The Jewish Community Alliance of Northeastern PA (which includes the Jewish Federation, Jewish Community Center - JCC, and Jewish Family Service) seeks an energetic, creative Executive Director to fulfill the agency’s mission of providing programs and services which foster the well-being of our local community and Jews at home and around the world through continuous learning, charitable works, social, educational and recreational services, and supporting social justice for all.
Under the guidance of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will be responsible for managing the overall administration and operations of the agency to include:
- Hiring, training, and managing staff and volunteers
- Handling negotiations and contractual agreements with outside organizations
- Participating in strategic planning and completing related goals and objectives
- Executing financial policies and decisions of the Board
- Ensuring the safety, security, maintenance and operation of the facilities
- Promoting a respectful and positive work environment
- Initiating continuous improvement processes to improve operational efficiencies
- Overseeing preparation of budget and financial reports, and overall financial management of the agency
- Fundraising to include researching, overseeing grant writing, and collaborative efforts with Board members, community and volunteers to improve donors and overall funding
- Public relations and program development
- Developing, implementing, managing, and evaluating all programs
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in related field, Master’s degree preferred
- 5 to 7 years of management experience to include a senior management role with a non-profit agency or related organization
- Excellent communication, time management, and interpersonal and skills
- Strong financial acuity and experience in financial management
- Decisive and confident leader familiar with Jewish life and traditions in a small community
This is a full time position offering a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Apply by sending your resume to: HR@arifkin.com
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + Advanced Degree Preferred.