REPORTS TO: Executive Vice President/CEO
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time, exempt, and supervisory
The Director of Marketing is responsible for crafting and executing a marketing and communications strategy that supports the mission and programs of the United Jewish Federation of Tidewater (UJFT)/Simon Family JCC (JCC) across all external and internal media. The Director is responsible for creative and effective public relations, media, and collateral materials for all UJFT/JCC divisions and programs, as well as contracted affiliate organizations.
About the United Jewish Federation of Tidewater
The United Jewish Federation of Tidewater (UJFT) located in Virginia Beach, Virginia provides critical funding to Jewish agencies, institutions, and programs locally and around the world through our Annual Campaign. With the support of donors and volunteers, the Federation builds and fosters a vibrant and engaging Jewish community. Through its beneficiary agencies, the Federation provides support for Jews in need wherever that need may be, Jewish education for children, teens, and adults, care for Jewish elderly and those with special needs, and support for Israel.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Increase community awareness of UJFT/JCC through public relations, social media, advertising, and message management.
- Develops annual external communications plans for traditional and social media that aligned with business objectives; measures, improves and reports on supporting activities.
- Maintains strong, effective relationships with media and other influencers to ensure UJFT/JCC presence.
- Maximizes the role of social media and content marketing for brand and program growth; develop, facilitate and activate social media strategy across the organization and across multiple platforms.
- Support the event and program specific marketing efforts of UJFT/JCC programs.
- Manages the production of marketing tools and venues available to the staff including, but not limited to, e-newsletters, websites and electronic advertising.
- Leads communication around major events.
- Develops marketing and brand standards and guidelines to assure consistency.
- Provide ongoing education to staff regarding marketing tools.
- Works closely and collaboratively with campaign and development team to achieve, support and sustain increased success in donor relations.
- Works with Jewish communal organizations to develop cooperative marketing relationships.
- Provides supervision and leadership of marketing department staff and any contractors.
- Proactively assigns and supports workflow, deadlines, assignments, and goals.
- Manages department budgets; proactively assists program staff with understanding the ROI of various types of marketing support.
- Oversees and as needed provides copyrighting, editing, and proofreading services.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications or related field from an accredited college or university;
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive experience including overseeing marketing collateral creation, social media, writing, and project management or related experience
- Proven ability to manage/supervise employees and workflow;
- Outstanding teambuilding and collaboration skills;
- Strong knowledge of web-based marketing strategies;
- Knowledge of Jewish community with understanding, appreciation and passion for the mission and values of the UJFT/JCC;
- Knowledge of Jewish heritage, values, traditions and culture;
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required;
- Knowledge of or experience supporting fundraising preferred.
The duties outlined in this job description are to be representative, but not all-inclusive, assigned to this job. These duties may be amended at the discretion of the Executive Vice President/CEO.
To Apply For This Position
Submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree Required and 3-5 years of experience.