Do you often get home later than expected because you always seem to end up in a conversation with someone fascinating – a co-worker, a relative you just met that you didn’t know you had, your Uber driver? Do your friends count on you to post every get-together? If you have a passion for people, for bringing people together and for storytelling, you may be a fit for our team.
We are a community center on the northside of Indianapolis, a non-profit serving 4,000 member households and about 12,000 individuals, each with a story to tell. We provide early childhood education, afterschool programming, summer camp, arts and fitness (a fitness center, more than 70 group exercise classes, a water park, two indoor pools, gyms, tennis courts). And we need a team member to communicate effectively, enthusiastically and often, to members and donors – current and prospective.
The mission of the JCC is to, guided by Jewish values and traditions, provide inclusive experiences that lead to personal growth and community building. Our vision: Together, we inspire all people to become the best versions of themselves. As a member of a 3-peson marketing team, this position is “the mouth,” responsible for working with a wide variety of programs and departments to engage a wide variety of external audiences through multiple channels: through stories picked up by local and national media, through a bi-monthly publication, email marketing, social media, video and blogs.
- Content creation for revenue generation and engagement. Develops content from concept to completion, including writing and editing content for a bi-monthly magazine then repurposing the content across a variety of platforms. This position is the voice of the JCC and plans and writes social media posts, eBlasts targeted to various audiences, invitations, blogs and advertisements. This position pitches story ideas and responds to news media.
- Social media. This position handles all the JCC’s social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn), monitoring responses to posts 7 days a week and responding within an acceptable timeframe. There are many program events on weekends and weekday evenings. This position would promote the programs before, during and after. When something happens that requires immediate response, e.g., a weather closing, this position notifies all members via eBlast, mobile app, website and social media.
- Event Calendar. This position keeps the JCC’s calendar of events up to date, creating events on Eventbrite and sharing events with external calendars, e.g., the Federation’s calendar, TV station calendars, Indy Hub, etc.
- Photography. This position takes photos and video for social media, including live feeds. We use Adobe Suite software on PC.
- Communications plan. This position helps draft and maintain communications plans for departments and major events like Earth Day and the Ann Katz Festival of Books & Arts.
- Must have proficiency with Adobe Suite, particularly InDesign and PhotoShop and website posting (WordPress)
- Must have proficiency in MS Office, particularly Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Familiar with social media and management tools (e.g,. Hootsuite)
- Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure; proficient in handling several projects simultaneously and on time
- Must possess excellent project management and time management skills
- Strong organizational, proofreading, layout and design, and professional printing/publishing skills are a must
- Experience in photography, including editing
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media is a plus
- Familiarity with Google Adwords and digital advertising is a plus
- Knowledge and support of the Jewish faith is a plus
- Standard office equipment—copier, scanner
- Time management software/app
- Standard and proprietary software applications including those listed above
- Competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) and contributions to a Health Savings Account
- JCC membership
- Access to fitness center and 70+ group exercise classes
- Discounted program fees
- Year-round swimming pools, gyms and tennis courts