Responsible for interfacing with all solicitors to understand, collect, reconcile, and track fundraising progress. Regular, detail-oriented work within the database as well as relationship-centered tasks with the volunteer community. Must translate individual data points into an overarching summary of campaign progress to communicate insights to leadership.
- Develop relationships with key community stakeholders and volunteers.
- Maintain regular phone and email contact with all fundraisers.
- Input campaign contribution data, including pledges, donations, and tributes, into the CRM database.
- Provide updates on individual fundraising progress to solicitors by pulling regular and as-needed lists from the database.
- Scrub and maintain accurate donor records and lists.
- Reconcile data entered in multiple databases and formats.
- Cultivate a cohesive understanding of donor engagement data that can be conveyed to senior leadership at the Federation and community-wide level.
- Provide proactive insights into campaign progress and potential strategies for improved performance.
- Manage regular acknowledgement process to ensure donors are thanked in a timely manner.
- Plan and facilitate bi-monthly campaign leadership team meetings throughout the campaign cycle.
- Provide on-site support during campaign events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
- At least three (3) years of experience working in a relevant role.
- Exemplary customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated competence in database entry and management. Web-based CRM experience, particularly Blackbaud, preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask as well as quickly prioritize requests.
- Willingness to learn new technology and skills on the job.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed, the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Jewish Community Foundation of Southern Arizona is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other condition prescribed by federal, state, or local law.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com