DEPARTMENT: Conferences and Missions
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Conferences and Missions
The Jewish Federations of North America (“JFNA”): The Jewish Federations of North America represents 146 Jewish Federations and over 300 Network communities, which raise and distribute more than $3 billion annually for social welfare, social services, and educational needs. The Jewish Federation system, collectively among the top 10 charities on the continent, builds and sustains flourishing Jewish communities in North America and protects and enhances the well-being of the State of Israel and the Jewish people worldwide.
JFNA is seeking an experienced, highly organized, detail-oriented professional who will serve as the Assistant Director for the Conferences and Missions Department. This person will work alongside the Senior Director of Conferences and Missions to plan and execute major JFNA programming for conferences and missions. The Assistant Director will be responsible for interacting with US based staff, Israel staff, vendors, and certain Federations directly. Key elements of this position will be planning and implementing national programming and acting as a resource to professionals in local Federations. Assistant Director is also expected to work with JFNA’s creative team and manage business relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with JFNA staff and Senior Director, Conferences and Missions to develop and implement national Missions from conception through development, execution and follow up
- Recruit communities and individuals to participate on JFNA missions
- Work with JFNA’s Creative Department to create materials and resources for JFNA Conferences and Missions
- Oversee creation and management of mission registration sites, surveys and apps using an online registration platform
- Communicate directly with JFNA event participants, including many senior level Federation professionals and major donors, to provide assistance, troubleshoot issues and process changes or cancellations
- Work with JFNA’s production, events and travel vendors during the planning and execution process of conferences and missions
- Maintain complete and accurate records for all JFNA programs and manage budget projections, as needed.
- Provide on-site support, as needed, for select JFNA events, conferences and missions
- Assist with production for JFNA major virtual conferences and programs
- Oversee recruitment for JFNA’s annual General Assembly
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a non-profit, Jewish travel company or similar
- Familiarity with travel sites in Israel
- Knowledge of the Jewish community and experience with and/or commitment to Israel-Diaspora relations
- Experience working with donors and lay leaders
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Detail oriented
- Ability to be discrete and maintain the confidentiality of information
- Ability to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Work well in a team environment
- Willingness to travel internationally and domestically
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to Lindsay.Matloff@jewishfederations.org
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, JFNA celebrates and welcomes people of all identities and backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.