Today, at 2:10 PM ET, President Obama joined Jewish communities throughout North America to discuss the Iran nuclear agreement. The head of the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee will step down in 2016 after four years at the organization’s helm. With support from Jewish Federations, a Bedouin town in southern Israel is rebuilding their community.
- AP – Jewish groups get chance to ask Obama about nuclear deal with Iran in live webcast
- JTA – JDC%u2019s CEO Alan Gill to step down after four-year tenure
- Haaretz – Bedouin town rewrites the rules by developing infrastructure and business
Meanwhile, Federations are highlighted in the Heart of New Jersey, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Dallas and Cincinnati.
- eJewish Philanthropy (op-ed) – The Iran deal - 2013 a view from the trenches
- Jewish Journal – How Moishe House is helping turn social lives into Jewish life
- J. Weekly – How 14 Jewish agencies saved workers%u2019 pensions and their bottom line
- Dallas Morning-News – What was Richardson Rabbi Elana Zelony doing in a grocery store? Working, of course
- Cincinnati Inquirer – Teaching the Holocaust is life-changing for Kristin Rutter