Reports to: Director of Campaign & Missions Hours
The Young Leadership Campaign (YLC) Manager supports the continuing development of a best-in-class young leadership program; actively engages this population in Jewish life and offers multiple entry points for involving them in Federation and the greater Tidewater Jewish community. This position is responsible for the annual young leadership campaign, leadership development, donor stewardship, volunteer engagement and event planning for young leadership. The ideal candidate is a dynamic professional with experience as a team collaborator to support the vibrant and thriving young leadership program of the UJFT and the community of young adults in Jewish 757 (Tidewater/Hampton Roads).
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manage the Young Leadership campaign; including worker training, maintaining close contact with all YLC workers, planning the campaign kickoff, Ben Gurion Society and other appropriate campaign events. The Young Leadership Manager will conduct solicitations and manage solicitors within the young adult division in order to meet overall campaign, and young leadership campaign, goals.
- The Young Leadership Campaign Manager is responsible for donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship for all leadership level YLC donors (Habonim, Power of One and Ben Gurion Society).
2. Manage all YAD Leadership Development programs, including Super Sunday and Hineni! Institute for Advanced Leadership Development. Responsibilities include grant requests, recruitment, curriculum, event planning(including weekly or monthly speaker/education sessions), and solicitation for all programs.
- The Young Leadership Campaign Manager is responsible for staffing the Tom Hofheimer Young Leadership Mission to Israel, a key component of the YAD Leadership Development program schematic.
- The Young Leadership Manager is responsible for the planning and execution of Super Sunday, the UJFT’s single largest community fundraising day, involving over 100 volunteers from the Tidewater community. This major campaign event is the culmination of the Super Sunday leadership program.
3. Oversee YAD Cabinet and act as main liaison for YAD Cabinet members. Maintain constant contact with YAD Chair and Vice-Chair, plan monthly meetings, to include education sessions, solicitor training sessions and leadership workshops.
4. Design, plan and implement events for the Young Adult Division, in collaboration with other appropriate UJFT staff and lay leadership within YAD.
5. Convene community partners as appropriate, to collaborate through the Young Adult Division Cabinet and other programs and initiatives.
- Work in collaboration with the Outreach Manager to successfully transition engaged participants and newcomers into YAD programs and into the leadership scheme.
- Focus on specific Engagement and Cultivation strategy for participants appropriately identified by Outreach Manager for further involvement and education.
- Work in collaboration with the Marketing Team to implement social media strategy for YAD events and programs.
6. Participate in campaign meetings, campaign review/analysis and planning, and all fundraising efforts required of entire development staff.
1. Educational Background:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree is preferred (preferably an MSW, MBA, MPA or MA in Non-Profit Management)
2. Previous Experience:
- Successful track record with campaign management, leadership program development, outreach and engagement programs management, and volunteer engagement.
- Ideally, 2-4 years of work experience in the Jewish communal field; an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of the Jewish community and its institutions is preferred.
3. Special Skills and Abilities:
- PC literacy with strong competency in all Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Proficiency in donor databases (Power BI and Millenium) strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- Proven organizational skills with ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to engage volunteers and delegate effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to manage an Annual Campaign, including various solicitation modalities.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with staff and volunteers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including strong public speaking and facilitation skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain new, creative programming and marketing initiatives.
- Ability to manage statistical data in order to assess effectiveness and devise strategic plans.
- Ability to work in off-site settings and occasional travel nationally and/or internationally.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and irregular hours.
The duties outlined in this job description are meant to be representative, but not all inclusive, assigned to this job. These duties may be amended at the discretion of the Director of Campaign & Missions.
Please submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + Advanced Degree Preferred and 3-5 years of experience.