DEPARTMENT: Strategic Marketing and Communications
REPORTS TO: Managing Director, Strategic Marketing & Communications
The Jewish Federations of North America (“JFNA”) represents 147 Jewish Federations and over 300 Network communities, which raise more than $3 billion annually for social welfare, social services and educational needs. The Federation movement, collectively among the top 10 charities on the continent, protects and enhances the well-being of Jews worldwide through the values of tikkun olam (repairing the world), tzedakah (charity and social justice), chesed (caring and compassion) and Torah (Jewish learning).
We are looking for a dynamic, creative and detail-oriented people person with an integrated communications and project management background to serve as a Traffic Coordinator. This person will assist with servicing the needs of a broad array of continental and international educational programs and some of the most highly respected donor recognition societies in North American Jewish philanthropy.
The Traffic Coordinator provides support to the Strategic Marketing and Communications team by managing the workflow and execution of all projects, while acting as a liaison between internal and client teams.
This person will be responsible for:
- Maintaining the infrastructure of all workflow within the department and ensuring projects remain on process and on schedule
- Scheduling of projects in order to manage and assign resources
- Routing of materials, both internally and externally, and coordinating feedback
- Monitoring the progress of projects, anticipating potential issues and developing a plan of action to prevent delays, while troubleshooting daily issues as they arise
- Projection of time and resource capabilities to assist with long-term planning, along with the Managing Director
- Interpreting project/creative briefs to understand deliverables, in order to move projects forward
- Maintaining relationships both internally and with clients, through consistent and proactive communication, to ensure all needs are being met
- Proofreading and editing of promotional emails and basic content for clients
- Providing operational support for the Managing Director and the Marketing team as a whole, and taking on additional tasks as needed
- Additional support for the General Assembly:
- Maintains, updates and edits the GA website and program PDFs to ensure that information remains current throughout the course of the GA season
- Manages and executes the GA email communications calendar in partnership with the Managing Director
- 1-3 years of experience in a traffic, account or project management setting
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and shift priorities in a fast-paced environment, while following through on projects from inception to completion
- Capability to understand strategic needs across multiple stakeholders and how they affect the greater organization
- Understanding of communications principles and strategy, including appropriate use of social media, web, print and video
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with excellent attention to detail and superior organization
- BA in communications, marketing or related field
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree Required.