Candidates should be located in or willing to relocate to the Greater Washington (DC, MD, and Northern VA) region. This position is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement, with 2-3 days a week required in the office.
Organizational Vision, Mission, and Function
The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington envisions an open, connected, and vibrant Jewish community that cares for each other, fosters Jewish learning and journeys, embraces Jewish peoplehood and Israel, and acts as a force for good in the world. As a mission-driven non-profit organization, we work to inspire, build, and sustain vibrant Jewish life in a changing world by mobilizing our community in common purpose, intentional innovation, and effective action. Learn more at shalomdc.org.
The Database Administrator leads the management of the organization’s database infrastructure, including system updates, backups, support, and training. Additional responsibilities will include administration of other organization systems, working closely with the managed IT vendor to assist with support, cyber security, and other IT projects.
This is a technical role; qualified individuals should have a solid understanding of Database Management, PowerBI, SQL, and providing end user support. The Jewish Federation is deeply embedded in the BlackbaudCRM and Microsoft 365 ecosystem and prioritizes using cloud-based systems and infrastructure. The Database Administrator reports to the Director of IT.
- Serve as primary CRM administrator for Blackbaud CRM (BBCRM); support any new implementation projects through requirement gathering, development, documentation, and workflow development.
- Build out, maintain, and grow the organizational database in partnership with other IT department staff. Solve critical areas of dysfunction and implement sustainable systems.
- Product dashboards and reports measuring indicators of performance across the organization using PowerBI.
- Support all departments’ use of CRM and other data collection tools ensuring that technological issues are resolved promptly, or staff training is provided.
- Create and maintain processes and workflows to sync data between systems and tools.
- Take a key role in system upgrades, organization security, user onboarding and backups (SQL).
- Assist with other company systems include Office365, PowerBI, donation platforms, password management software, Adobe, and project management software.
- Ensures safe work practices through implementing digital security policies and systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-4 years of experience with database management, especially with CRM or relational databases.
- Proficiency in working with SQL databases managing system backups.
- Knowledge of data gathering, cleaning, and transformation techniques.
- Experience with Microsoft administration and tools (e.g., Office365, Azure Active Directory, SQL, and PowerBI).
- Ability to use discretion and appropriate safeguards with confidential data.
- Able to work productively with a wide array of people and provide a superior customer experience.
- A confident and professional work style; must have the ability to work independently and to exercise good judgment in stressful circumstances.
- Experience with, and curiosity about, trying new technologies and testing to learn and improve our work.
- Solid understanding of digital security threats and best practices for their mitigation (e.g., SOC, NIST Cyber Security Framework, Center for Internet Security Controls)
- Knowledge of BlackbaudCRM a plus
A People-Friendly Workplace
The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington is an equal opportunity employer offering a people-friendly environment, including:
- Excellent health care and retirement benefits
- Generous time off
- Flexible work options
- Opportunities for continued professional development, including access to the JPRO Network, which connects, educates, inspires, and empowers professionals working in the Jewish nonprofit sector
Interested candidates should apply at https://shalomdc.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=47