The Senior Development Associate is a member of the development team and is expected to contribute to the overall success of Federation’s financial resource development strategy. The Senior Development Associate is responsible for identifying, cultivating, and stewarding a portfolio of donors; conducting solicitation efforts; and participating in Financial Resource Development/Annual Campaign events and activities.
- In consultation with the supervisor and lay leadership partners, sets annual campaign goals, including timely and accurate reporting of campaign progress, donor engagement, etc.
- Project manage annual campaign solicitation process for a portfolio of donors, inclusive of coordination and regular communication with donors and/or volunteer solicitors. Will be responsible for individual donors and affinity groups (Women’s Philanthropy, Men’s Division, etc.) as well as programming for the affinity groups to further engage and cultivate.
- Cultivates one-to-one relationships with donors.
- In consultation with the supervisor, identify prospective donors through analysis, networking, outreach and engagement strategies.
- Oversee strategic follow-up with attendees and chairs for events and programs.
- Act as connection point with donors to resolve issues quickly and maximize service to donors.
- Provide professional support for all development activities, including events that may occur outside of the regular work day.
- Other relevant responsibilities as required by supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills
- BA/BS degree
- 3-5 years development/fundraising or related experience.
- Self-motivation, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, sense of humor.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, with the capacity to work independently and collaboratively, based on the situation, in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility, including willingness to work with a variety of staff members, maintain flexible hours, and travel throughout the Greater New Haven Jewish community as needed.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with accuracy, attention to detail, and confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills in Windows environment, including Microsoft Office Suite, databases, and internet.
- Working knowledge of the Jewish community and traditions.
- Strong personal commitment to the Federation mission.
Cover letter with desired salary required for consideration.
References are a must and background checks will be conducted.
The JCC/Jewish Federation of Greater New Haven is a non-denominational, EEO/AA employer. We encourage individuals of all faiths and backgrounds to apply.
Please email resume and cover letter to Amy Holtz, firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree Required and 3-5 years of experience.