The Jewish Federations of North America (JFNA)’s Public Affairs division, the policy arm of JFNA, is seeking a remote part-time intern for summer 2021 who wants to pursue their interests in Jewish communal work, national policy and advocacy, and/or program management.
JFNA is among the top 10 charities in the world. JFNA’s Public Affairs team brings the voice of 146 Jewish community federations and over 300 independent Jewish communities throughout North America to Capitol Hill and the Administration as a prominent force in policy decision-making. One intern will be assigned to the Public Engagement team in Washington and will focus on the development of a grassroots advocacy campaign with volunteer leaders throughout the United States. The intern will work on a variety of research and advocacy projects that promote JFNA’s public policy priorities, as well as communications needs to support them.
Please note that the JFNA Washington office is working remotely for the foreseeable future; therefore, applicants do not need to live in the Washington, DC metro area to be considered for the position.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Self-starter with a positive attitude
- Professional behavior, and ability to work with diverse personalities and work styles
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate student preferred
- Interest or background in government relations, advocacy, and/or political science
- Ability to work remotely
- Interns are paid minimum wage - $15/hour
- Gain experience by participating in meetings, determining priorities, and managing expectations
- Work in a friendly and collaborative virtual office environment
- Gain knowledge about how the Jewish Federations promote public policies
At JFNA we celebrate and welcome people of all identities and backgrounds. Additionally, JFNA is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please indicate on your application if you need any accommodations for your interview.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, two brief writing samples (up to four pages in length each), and the contact information for two references to DCIntern@Jewishfederations.org.