The Jewish Federations of North America (“JFNA”) represents 146 Jewish Federations and over 300 Network communities, which raise and distribute more than $3 billion annually and through planned giving and endowment programs to support social welfare, social services, and educational needs. The Federation movement, collectively among the top 10 charities on the continent, protects and enhances the well-being of Jews worldwide through the values of tikkun olam (repairing the world), tzedakah (charity and social justice) and Torah (Jewish learning).
Amplifier@JFNA works to ignite, strengthen, and inform giving inspired by Jewish values. We empower people to give more intentionally, more meaningfully, in community, and rooted in Jewish wisdom.
Since 2014, Amplifier has catalyzed the creation of new giving circles around the world, trained and convened a growing network of more than 130 giving circles, and provides critical backbone infrastructure and programming for the field. We’ve helped individuals and institutions start and sustain giving circles, educated about philanthropic best practices, and built values-driven communities. Amplifier is also a leader in the national giving circle movement, working with partner networks and organizations across the American philanthropic sector to elevate collective giving Nationwide.
In 2019 Amplifier became a part of the Jewish Federations of North America (JFNA), becoming Amplifier@JFNA. We work closely with Jewish Federations while continuing our work in the broader Jewish world and beyond to strengthen and grow collaborative giving.
Amplifier@JFNA is looking for a team player who is proactive, resourceful, and has excellent project management skills to fill the role of Program Coordinator. We are a small and evolving team and are looking for someone who can support our work as it changes. The Program Coordinator reports to Amplifier@JFNA’s Program Director and works closely with the Executive Director.
- Provide project management, technical, and administrative support for all Amplifier@JFNA programs and educational cohorts.
- Administer and track program participation and impact through regular data collection, utilizing the CRM platform, Salesforce.
- Serve as Amplifier’s lead event coordinator, including providing technical facilitation and support during workshops, and (once in-person events start again) liaising with vendors, researching venues, choosing menus, and staffing.
- Format, design, and prepare materials for conferences, programs, live and online events.
- Perform necessary administrative functions, including research, organizing/maintaining computer files.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for service providers and vendors, processing invoices and coordinating with JFNA’s finance team when necessary
- Assist in creating content for and disseminating Amplifier@JFNA’s emails, blogs, website, and social media
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Impeccable attention to detail and excellent written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects at once
- Graphic design skills a plus
- Social media fluency and comfort around new technologies
- Experience in planning and coordinating meetings and events
- Excellent computer skills – experience with and/or aptitude for quickly mastering Outlook, Salesforce, Excel and other platforms
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Open to learning, works well in a team environment.
- Knowledge of Jewish communal organizations and Federations, a plus.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience required
At JFNA we celebrate and welcome people of all identities and backgrounds. We encourage people of color, Sephardi and Mizrahi Jews, immigrants, LGBTQ+ applicants, and people with disabilities to apply. JFNA complies with all laws with regard to providing reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need any accommodations to participate in the job application process, please contact the human resources department.
Email your resume and cover letter with the subject “Program Coordinator Application” to Sasha Raskin-Yin, Program Director at: