Location: Hybrid Position - remote in the Seattle area with limited hours in the Downtown Seattle office.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle is searching for a self-motivated, organized, early career professional committed to core Jewish values that is excited to support programming for the wider Jewish Puget Sound community. An ideal candidate is adaptable and thrives in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
As a Program Associate in the Jewish Engagement Department you will serve as a “utility player”, with responsibility for integrating operational, budget/financial, administrative, and project management components across all areas of our engagement work. As a member of the Federation’s professional team, the Program Associate is expected to foster the Federation’s mission, values, and inclusive culture.
Why We Want to Work with You:
You’re excited about the mission of the Jewish Federation in Seattle. You hold the big vision and the day-to-day details in mind simultaneously. You strive to design systems and processes that are elegant, efficient, and extremely user-friendly. You can juggle (literally or metaphorically). You love data, not for its own sake, but for how it can help you and the team work faster, smarter, and more effectively. You are decisive and have an intuitive sense about when you need to seek counsel and when you should just make the call. You’re intensely curious, eager both to learn new things and to regularly question your own assumptions.
Why You Want to Work with Us:
You will be exposed to a wide range of people and issues in the Jewish, philanthropic, and nonprofit/social-impact sectors, as well as to the internal infrastructure and operations of a thriving Jewish Federation. You will work with an accomplished and diverse team in which each individual is committed to their own rapid development as well as to that of the team.
You’re attracted to this role, because as a naturally resourceful and self-motivated professional, you are energized by designing processes and systems to make things more effective and efficient.
This position reports to the Community Engagement & Impact Manager and is a non-exempt position.
What You Need:
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- One - two years in event planning/program delivery experience (internships included; nonprofit experience is a bonus)
- Comfortable command of standard workplace software, familiarity with Salesforce is a bonus
- Intermediate knowledge in Excel and Google Sheets (vlookup, conditional formulas, pivot tables, design/formatting) or eagerness to learn
- Demonstrated capacity to present complex information in clear and concise ways
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with the ability to maintain high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and with a team-player mindset juggling and completing multiple competing tasks and demands in a fast-paced environment
- Available to work evenings/weekends as needed for on-site/virtual program support
- A valid driver’s license
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: Employees of the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including the two-week waiting period following initial inoculation) and COVID-19 boosters as recommended by the CDC. Employees are required to present written evidence that they received an FDA-approved vaccination against COVID-19 unless an employee has a legitimate justification for not being vaccinated and is granted an exception.
Salary: up to $50,000 p.a. commensurate with experience
How To Apply:
Please submit your resume in PDF format, along with a cover letter describing your interest in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please respond to these questions in your cover letter:
- What excites you about working as a Jewish Engagement professional?
- What specific expertise and experiences will you draw on to do the job?
- If you currently do not live in the Seattle area, please explain why you would choose Seattle to be your home.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Interested candidates are encouraged to visit the Federation website (www.jewishinseattle.org) to gain insight into our mission and impact. No phone calls please.