Mission of the Jewish Community Foundation of the Minneapolis Jewish Federation
The mission of the Foundation is to actively serve those interested in philanthropy through a Jewish lens by building permanent charitable capital, encourage a culture of local and global philanthropy, and provide for the vitality of programs that are important to its donors, as well as providing opportunities and resources to Jewish organizations, allowing them to focus more completely on their respective missions and the raising of permanent charitable capital.
FUNCTIONAL AREA: Foundation
REPORTS TO: Foundation Director and Donor Relations Director
STATUS: FT, Exempt
To maintain and grow planned gifts for the Jewish Community by nurturing and growing current and prospective fund holders’ personal relationships with the Jewish Community Foundation, in support of its mission. This effort is essential to ensure ongoing financial support of the Jewish community in Minneapolis.
These goals will be accomplished by engaging and supporting fund holders as they work to define and meet their philanthropic goals through a variety of charitable gift vehicles.
Bachelor’s Degree; or a combination of education and experience in a field closely related to donor relations (Foundation experience a plus) and/or Development
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2 - 6 years’ experience in donor relations, fundraising, or related professional experience
- A strong understanding of planned giving vehicles, endowments, other planned gift instruments
- A strong understanding of donor support operations, including database management
- Must be comfortable having one-on-one interactions with high-level fund holders
- Ability to explore and understand clients’ needs and philanthropic goals, and leverage that knowledge to improve service delivery and deepen relationships
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize amongst multiple commitments, and to drive multiple projects simultaneously in a challenging and fluid environment
- A deep commitment to high quality client service and adaptability to evolving client needs
- Demonstrated success working on cross-departmental teams
- A strong belief in philanthropy and a commitment to community
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, as well as exceptional customer service skills and adherence to and upholding of compliance protocols
- Candidate must be highly motivated and self-directed. Candidate must also possess a strong work ethic, demonstrate energy, urgency, flexibility, excellent time-management skills, an excellent attitude and collaborative skills, as well as a willingness to learn new processes and tools.
- Knowledge of the Minneapolis Jewish community preferred
Able to work early mornings, evenings and weekends as required; some travel may be required
Key Areas of Responsibility Program/Team/Function Overall Position Expectation(s)
- Providing fund holders support and services that help grow and strengthen their connection to the Foundation and the Jewish community
- Build and hold client relationships with current fund holders, ensuring communication and contacts with fund holders are done in a timely and appropriate manner
- Assist Foundation Director and staff to design, implement, and manage stewardship strategies and activities that appropriately and consistently promote interaction with and recognition of fund holders at all levels
- Work with fund holders to create individualized, donor-centered experiences to achieve their philanthropic goals, including, but not limited to, providing fund holders with charitable gift planning and consultation and crafting their philanthropic goals/plan
- Consult with individuals and families to facilitate robust discussions on topics such as family legacies, values, philanthropic identities, next-generation engagement, multigenerational education and best practices in grant making; also provide customized philanthropic advisory and research services (if requested)
- Provide strategic and thoughtful guidance in the development of fund holder grant recommendations, monitor cash flow and fund balances, and coordinate services across departments
- Facilitate enhanced services, such as RFP and board meeting management, as needed
- Deliver tailored support to complex clients by leading or participating in cross-departmental service teams, including, but not limited to , greater Development department
- Work with cross-departmental team to plan and utilize marketing strategies, and provide event support for Foundation sponsored events and programs
- Assist Director in generating Foundation programming and events, as well as soliciting event sponsors
- Assist with the development of reports, communications, marketing, and other materials for stewardship of current fund holders
- Assists in identifying, developing, managing, and tracking potential gift expansion of current fund holders
- Maintain Foundation and fund holder stewardship activities and deadlines in appropriate databases and systems to ensure data is consistently up to date
- Help support the Federation’s Legacy Society and its programmatic and event needs
- Potentially serve on cross-departmental working groups and committees
- Other duties as assigned
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree Preferred and 3-5 years of experience.