The Jewish War Veterans of the USA (JWV) seeks a full time National Executive Director (NED) in the Washington DC Area for immediate employment.
The National Executive Director is the full-time administrative director of the JWV and its national headquarters staff and the staff of the National Museum of American Jewish History (NMAJMH). The primary duty is to perform day-to-day direction of all official business of the organization, on behalf of the elected national leadership of the JWV and NMAJMH. The NED shall provide advice and counsel to the elected officials and general membership as necessary.
The JWV National Executive Director is responsible for all legislative liaison activities related to Congress, its various committees and activities. The NED will also act as liaison to various government administrative organizations, agencies and non-government associations. The NED will develop a professional symbiotic relationship with other Jewish organizations. The NED will also serve on The Military Coalition (TMC) a consortium of over 30 military and Veterans service organizations (MSOs and VSOs), collectively representing more than 5.5 million service members, Veterans, survivors and their families.
The NED will oversee the production and content of the JWV Veteran Newspaper and JWV media outlets.
The NED reports directly to the (1) Chair of the Personnel Committee, (2) JWV National Commander and the (3) JWV National Executive Committee.
- Create/update and review all official correspondence on behalf of the JWV such as membership letters and emails, fundraising materials, and letters to Congress and other government officials
- In coordination with the elected Officers, prepare annual JWV focus areas and develop legislative objectives and strategies; write, staff, and publish JWV Annual Legislative Resolutions document
- Attend all monthly general session meetings of TMC and separately, all meetings conducted by TMC committees on which JWV sits
- Attend pertinent meetings, press conferences, events, bill signings, and other events on Capitol Hill, on behalf of both JWV and TMC
- Serve as member, ex-officio and otherwise, of all national-level committees of the JWV and NMAJMH
- Develop, coordinate, and maintain all corporate partnerships, other financial relationships, and fundraising activities on behalf of the JWV
Education and knowledge requirements:
Position requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, Masters preferred, in management, administration or business, and/or related experience, as relates to government affairs and organizational management/leadership skills.
The following are also highly desired in a successful candidate:
- Military experience as a Field Grade Officer
- Knowledge and understanding of Jewish culture, history, holidays, observances and practices
- Familiarity with the structure and functional mission of the JWV
- Previous experience working for an NGO helpful
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a flexible, collaborative, and congenial work style
- Working knowledge of social media and computer technology
- Working knowledge of finance
- Ability to work and write independently
- Experience in autonomously managing multiple efforts and achieving stated goals and requirements
- Knowledge and skill in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to complex projects
- Ability to use interpersonal techniques to meet and deal effectively and personably with others at all levels of authority
The NED will be involved in every facet of running the day-to-day operations of a national Veterans Service Organization and driving its overall mission and the successful achievement of its organizational goals. Success will be achieved with hard work, extraordinary multitasking abilities and a true sense of servant leadership.
The NED is expected to attend annual meetings and conventions as well as other travel required to support the organization.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Negotiable based on experience
Responses must be received by April 30, 2021.
Send resumes and vitas to:
Jewish War Veterans of the USA
NED Search Committee Chair
Dr. Barry J. Schneider
6616 River Bend Road
Fort Worth, TX 76132