Summary of Position:
The Managing Director of Business Intelligence leads a department responsible for developing and using business intelligence tools to support the collection, analysis and sharing of data to advance benchmarking and learning across Federations, and to support program evaluation and accountability vis-à-vis to JFNA’s programs and services.
This position reports to the Executive Vice President.
The Jewish Federations of North America (“JFNA”) represents 147 Jewish Federations and over 300 Network communities, which raise and distribute more than $3 billion annually for social welfare, social services and educational needs. The Federation movement, collectively among the top 10 charities on the continent, protects and enhances the well-being of Jews worldwide through the values of tikkun olam (repairing the world), tzedakah (charity and social justice) and Torah (Jewish learning). The Managing Director of Business Intelligence is a new position established in response to the 2018 Strategic Review undertaken by JFNA. One of the key recommendations was the establishment of a new business intelligence/data analysis unit to enable a strong network-wide approach to collecting, analyzing and sharing data to promote and support best practices identification and sharing among Federations, and to improve JFNA’s own data-informed decision making and accountability with its constituents. The Managing Director, working with JFNA’s Executive Vice President, will build a new team, establishing and managing priorities that support both the external and internal objectives outlined above. The creation of a Business Intelligence team is based on the need to drive and support systems thinking culture and approach at JFNA and among Federations, and to facilitate change management achieve this.
- Actively participate in and influence discussions around reporting needs and requirements, infrastructure needs and design.
- Deliver user-friendly analyses, metrics reporting and data solutions to advance the organization’s goals and to support data-informed learning among Federations.
- Interface directly with JFNA departments and staff to understand their needs and objectives and to assist in designing data collection and reporting approaches.
- Recommend visualization solutions that can be interpreted easily by users.
- Consistently deliver high-quality business intelligence solutions and services to users on schedule.
- Support JFNA management in determining internal and external Business Intelligence priorities that best address Federations’ needs.
- Advance teamwork and collaboration across JFNA.
- Provide support to Federations on completing data collection requests.
- Serve as the Salesforce platform product owner for JFNA, including designing effective change manage and communications, supervising the BI team to support staff use of Salesforce, and managing the relationship with an implementation consultant.
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices of business intelligence.
- Experience and comfort working with CRM platforms and their use to advance organizations’ business intelligence needs and decision making.
- Experience with CRM product ownership for an organization.
- Hands on experience with platforms used to build data visualization and integration solutions such as …. (Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Salesforce, etc…)
- Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced Excel and Access.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent ability to interact with others at all levels of JFNA and at constituent Federations.
- Excellent analytical skills to spot trends, identify opportunities, and organize data to solve complex problems.
- Creative approach to problem-solving and identifying potential solutions.
Bachelors degree or higher in a related field and 5-7 years of experience in technology, database management, analytics, and/or research, including management and supervisory experience.
Submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements here: https://the-jewish-federations-of-north-america.workable.com/jobs/935539
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree Required.