Jewish Long Beach—the newly-merged Jewish Federation and Jewish Community Foundation of Greater Long Beach and West Orange County—is an independent 501c3 nonprofit organization affiliated with the Jewish Federations of North America and its 155 member agencies. Our mission is to advance Jewish life in Long Beach, West Orange County, Israel, and beyond, throughout the life cycle, from generation to generation. We do this through strategic grant-making and partnerships, leadership development programs, community outreach, education, and advocacy. Our endowments and philanthropic assets under management total over $30 million, and our campaign raises approximately $1.5 million annually. We also own and operate the Weinberg Jewish Long Beach Campus, which houses the Alpert Jewish Community Center and a number of other independent, Jewishly-focused organizations.
Jewish Long Beach seeks a creative, dynamic professional to join its development team as Manager of Marketing and Outreach. Reporting to the Director of Community Development and Engagement and working closely with the CEO, the Manager of Marketing and Outreach will be responsible for managing the organization’s electronic communications, social media accounts and activities, and databases, which currently consist of approximately 10,000 households throughout Long Beach and West Orange County. This position will also work with volunteers and lay leadership to manage planning and logistics for events. The Manager of Marketing and Outreach will be instrumental in carrying out the communication, marketing, and financial resource development strategies that have been created for this newly re-imagined organization by the board of directors and senior management.
A competitive compensation and benefits package is available to the successful candidate, including medical and dental insurance, 403(b) with employer contribution, and paid vacation, sick time, and holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates and manages electronic communications, including e-blasts, event promotions, and special e-mail communications, as well as security updates and news items created by the CEO for electronic distribution to the community.
- Manages all social media accounts, including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Manages Facebook event pages and promotions.
- Works with Financial Resource Development Committee, Director of Community Development and Engagement, and CEO to create and implement social media and search engine optimization strategies. Carries out tactics to increase social media engagement, generate page likes, and increase the organization’s visibility in online spaces.
- Manages day-to-day database maintenance and generates reports from customer relationship management (CRM) system as needed. Will be instrumental in migration to new CRM software suite in 2020/2021.
- Works with Editorial and Development Coordinator to ensure that donor communications are carried out.
- Works collaboratively with Editorial and Development Coordinator to manage web resources, including website, donor software, and event management functionality.
- Assists as needed with production of The Chronicle, Jewish Long Beach’s bi-monthly Jewish community newspaper, which is edited by the Editorial and Development Coordinator and the Director of Community Development and Engagement.
- Manages planning and logistics of programs and events.
- Assists Director of Community Development and Engagement in reporting on marketing, communication, donor stewardship, and donor development strategies to the Board of Directors.
- Carries out special projects as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree required. Graduate degree in communication, marketing, nonprofit management, or fundraising preferred.
- Three-to-five years of experience in marketing, communications, and project management.
- Superior written communication skills a must.
- Familiarity with customer relationship management/database software such as Raiser’s Edge and similar products, as well as donor management software such as iDonate.
- Familiarity with In Design or similar graphic design software preferred.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to exercise creativity and innovative thinking.
- Experience working with volunteers, including boards and committees, strongly preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment.
- Familiarity with Jewish community and culture a plus.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Sharon Kenigsberg, Director of Community Development and Engagement, at email@example.com.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + Advanced Degree Preferred and 3-5 years of experience.