Are you passionate about inspiring others to connect with the global Jewish community? The Associated: Jewish Federation of Baltimore is currently seeking a Manager of Israel and Overseas (I&O). The Manager crafts and leads The Associated’s strategy to deepen people to people connections between Baltimore and Israel, promote Israel education and travel and enhance Jewish communities globally. This person is responsible for directing the work of the Israel and Overseas professional team and working with lay leadership and committees. The Manager oversees a $6M budget and serves as the steward of the relationships with global organizational partners.
In this highly collaborative role, you will use your expertise in community planning & relationship management, and you will:
- Engage volunteer leaders in setting priorities and focus for The Associated’s Israel and Overseas work.
- Evaluate and continuously improve I&O grant making and the work of the I&O committees
- Deepen awareness and understanding of The Associated’s investment in and connection to Israel and world Jewish life
- Manage the Israel and Overseas budget and work of the Israel and Overseas professional team.
- Staff these committees: Israel and Overseas Managing Council, Impact Assessment, and Israel Education and Travel
- Serve as the liaison with professional colleagues at our local agencies and at our global partner organizations
- Develop and implement a marketing and communications plan in concert with the Marketing Department that incorporates e-communications and other communication means to strengthen our community’s connection to Israel and overseas
- Convene Israel professionals working through The Associated system and act as a liaison to the agencies on items related to the Israel and Overseas agenda.
- Expertly supervise the I&O professional team in Baltimore, Ashkelon and Odessa
- Collaborate with agencies, synagogues, and other organizations to further The Associated’s Israel and Overseas work.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Possess to Be Successful in this Role:
- Passion: A deep connection to and nuanced understanding of Israel and global Jewish community is important for this role.
- Knowledge: We seek an individual who has extensive insight and experience with Jewish community, culture and values. Having the intellectual capacity to absorb complex information and the capacity to make smart, impactful decisions is important.
- Professionalism: A calm, collected demeanor is crucial for the high level of multi-tasking and coordination involved in this role. A can-do, energetic spirit matched with poise - especially when the unexpected pops up - is essential.
- Communication: The ability to write concise, business emails is essential, as is the ability to converse professionally with multiple stakeholders on the phone and in person. We expect an attitude of "no job is too small," and an attention to detail and prompt follow-up that ensures quality outcomes for our team.
- Drive: The ideal candidate will be eager to take on new responsibilities and challenges. We are looking for someone who is a strategic, creative thinker and fast learner. The ability to effectively prioritize and respond promptly to internal and external customers is vital.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Five to eight years work-related and supervisory experience.
- Ability to travel, local and overseas.
- Strong knowledge of Israel
- Passion for connecting to Israel and supporting Jewish life globally.
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality with sensitive information is required.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple deadlines and priorities is required.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in a team setting is required.
Qualified candidates interested in applying should submit an application here.
The Associated is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with our Jewish values, The Associated supports a thriving Baltimore that celebrates diversity and appreciates the unique combination of gender, race, age, religion and ethnicity, sexual orientation, intellectual and physical disabilities and special qualities that each resident adds to the fabric of life in Baltimore. We welcome everyone interested in our mission to join us. If you require accommodations, please contact us, and we will make every effort to meet your needs.
The Associated and its system of agencies are supporting the needs of the Baltimore community during the COVID-19 pandemic, providing emergency food and housing assistance, unemployment counseling, mental health services, virtual programming and more. Please visit associated.org/covid-19 to learn about the resources available. If you or someone you know is struggling, contact 410-466-9200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please consider a gift to The Associated to help our community during these challenging times. Even if you have already made a gift, please consider giving more associated.org/give.