Jewish Federation of St. Louis seeks a creative, highly motivated Manager, Major Gifts who will be responsible for the oversight and management of the expanding major gifts program and serves as a leader on the Development team. This position reports to the Vice President, Development.
- Develop a Work Plan for the Major Gifts Program
- Evaluate current donor segment for opportunities for focus and growth and evaluate other segments for upgrade potential and prospects. Set strategies based on these opportunities.
- Evaluate donor levels and create special donor recognition at determined levels and through major donor appreciation events.
- Create engagement and cultivation plans through programs such as a snowbird program, social networking events or mini-missions, missions domestic or abroad and through community service. This includes creating meaningful opportunities for volunteers.
- Develop a strategy and plan to build a pipeline of major gifts prospects.
- Work with Director of Planned Giving and Endowments on integrated asks.
- Develop and execute cultivation and stewardship plans
- Responsible for a portfolio of about 120 donors including pre-determined goals and outcomes.
- Work closely with VP Development to prepare for donor meetings.
- Develop written proposals and key communications pieces for major donors.
- Manage the pipeline of major donor prospects.
- Managerial Work
- Supervise a Major Gifts Officer, providing leadership and support to promote success. Possibility to supervise others in department as needs are determined.
- Work collaboratively with volunteers including Major Donor Chair and possibly build out a major gift committee.
- Oversight of major gifts budget
- Bachelor’s degree, required. Master’s Degree, preferred.
- 5 - 7 years plus of development, sales or related experience.
- A front line fundraiser with proven track record of donor cultivation and solicitation experience preferred, including securing five figure gifts and above.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills and the ability to network to develop donor prospects.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to develop strategic plans and implement those plans. Excellent time-management with a proven ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to tell compelling stories to inspire donors.
- Ability to use discretion when handling and communicating sensitive information.
- Knowledge of St. Louis’ Jewish community, preferred.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products and CRM’s.
The Jewish Federation of St. Louis is the community’s central philanthropic, planning and community-building organization. Founded in 1901, it is one of the region’s largest and oldest nonprofit organizations. Federation is committed to the development and enhancement of a thriving, vibrant Jewish community through the support of approximately 60 local, national and international agencies, programs, services and innovative projects.
The Jewish Federation of St. Louis offers an extensive benefits package including health, dental, 403(b), paid vacation, paid holidays, sick and personal time, life insurance, LTD and more.
Jewish Federation of St. Louis is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + Advanced Degree Preferred.