The Jewish Family Services (JFS) Director of the Jewish Federation of St. Joseph Valley oversees the JFS department to provide caring, professional social services to individuals in the Michiana area. The Michiana area includes the greater South Bend, IN, St. Joseph and Elkhart counties and southern Michigan including Benton Harbor and St. Joseph, Michigan. The JFS Director should be committed to excellent outreach and service to our community with advocacy for the vulnerable. JFS Director reports to the Executive Director and works in coordination with the JFS Committee.
- Provides direct service to the Jewish community including assessment and referral, crisis intervention, case management, short-term problem focused counseling, financial assistance, support, advocacy, and follow up.
- Supervises, and coordinates Jewish Family Services staff and service delivery including: assessment and referral, crisis intervention, financial assistance, and transportation, Food Pantry, volunteer services, home and facility visits, holiday baskets, and other duties as assigned.
- Maintains written records, intake and progress notes in a confidential and secure manner.
- Provides for input and coordinates with JFS Program Department as they create and plan ongoing Federation educational and support programs. This includes monthly lunches, annual educational events, and other social service related programming.
- Works with the local rabbis on chaplaincy and community issues.
- Participates in the development and management of the JFS budget and provides detailed reports to management for programs and services.
- Possess superb communication and presentation skills and the ability to persuasively convey the goals of JFS to diverse groups including major donors, partner agencies and lay leadership.
- Writes or delegates JFS Caring Connection for OCN.
- Prepares a monthly JFS report, summarizing case contacts, projects and JFS efforts to the Executive Director and JFS committee.
- Maintains yearly licensure requirements (if applicable), continuing education and attendance at conferences on a biennial basis.
- Maintains a good working relationship with other social service providers in the greater Michiana community and represents the Jewish Federation to the social service community.
- Attends Federation events. Represents JFS at staff and committee meetings, events, community civic and religious functions .
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required, advanced degree preferred. An educational background in Social Services or related field is desirable.
- Experience in case management preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with committees to execute the long term vision and strategy, and the resourcefulness to adjust when circumstances demand
- Proficiency in critical thinking, active-listening, coordination, judgment and decision-making.
- Talent for building strong relationships at all levels
- Proven track record demonstrating flexibility, resilience, passion and energy
- Demonstrated commitment to the Jewish values and traditions.
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
The Jewish Federation of St. Joseph Valley offers a competitive salary commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the individual selected. The benefits package includes paid time-off, sick-leave, emergency family leave, health insurance, cellular phone with data plan, and 403b retirement plan after 1 year of service.
Resumes and Cover Letters can be sent to:
Jewish Federation of St. Joseph Valley
ATTN: Ben Davis, Executive Director
3202 Shalom Way
South Bend, IN 46615
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + Advanced Degree Preferred.