Remote position through October 2021, after which date the candidate may be asked to work at times from the Downtown Seattle office.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle is searching for a self-motivated, organized, early career professional committed to core Jewish values that is excited to support programming for the wider Jewish Puget Sound community. An ideal candidate is adaptable and thrives in a collaborative and fast-paced environment as the Jewish Engagement Program Associate.
Why We Want to Work with You:
You’re excited about the mission of the Jewish Federation in Seattle. You hold the big vision and the day-to-day details in mind simultaneously. You strive to design systems and processes that are elegant, efficient, and extremely user-friendly. You can juggle (literally or metaphorically). You love data, not for its own sake, but for how it can help you and the team work faster, smarter, and more effectively. You are decisive and have an intuitive sense about when you need to seek counsel and when you should just make the call. You’re intensely curious, eager both to learn new things and to regularly question your own assumptions.
Why You Want to Work with Us:
As the Jewish Engagement Program Associate you will serve as a “utility player” with various operational, budget/financial, administrative, and project management responsibilities across all areas of our engagement work.
You will be exposed to a wide range of people and issues in the Jewish, philanthropic, and nonprofit/social-impact sectors, as well as to the internal infrastructure and operations of a thriving Jewish Federation. You will work with an accomplished and diverse team in which each individual is committed to their own rapid development as well as to that of the team.
This position reports to the Director of Jewish Engagement and is a non-exempt position.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- One - two years in event planning/program delivery experience (internships included; nonprofit experience is a bonus)
- Comfortable command of standard workplace software, familiarity with Salesforce is a bonus
- Intermediate knowledge in Excel and Google Sheets (vlookup, conditional formulas, pivot tables, design/formatting) or eagerness to learn
- Demonstrated capacity to present complex information in clear and concise ways
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with the ability to maintain high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and with a team-player mindset juggling and completing multiple competing tasks and demands in a fast-paced environment
- Available to work evenings/weekends as needed for on-site/virtual program support
- A valid driver’s license
Salary: $40k+ commensurate with experience.
How To Apply:
Please submit your resume in PDF format, along with:
A cover letter describing your interest, qualifications, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Please respond to these two questions in your cover letter:
- What excites you about working as a Jewish Engagement professional?
- What specific expertise and experiences will you draw on to do the job?
- If you currently do not live in the Seattle area, please explain why you would choose Seattle to be your home.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Interested candidates are encouraged to visit the Federation website (www.jewishinseattle.org) to gain insight into our mission and impact. No phone calls please.