Candidates should be located in or willing to relocate to the Greater Washington (DC, MD, and Northern VA) region. This position is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement, with 2-3 days a week required in the office. The health and safety of our professional team and community remains a top priority, and all Federation employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.
Organizational Vision, Mission, and Function:
The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington is a non-profit philanthropic organization dedicated to creating a vibrant and purposeful Jewish community. The Federation cares for those in need, deepens engagement in Jewish life, and strengthens the bonds among Jews in the Washington area, in Israel, and around the world. We create strong partnerships with agencies and congregations as a community leader, convener and catalyzer so that we can plan strategically and effectively with a strong, collective voice; we motivate donors to increase their giving impact through opportunities that make a meaningful difference in our community; and we adapt to changing realities in the Jewish and philanthropic worlds by enhancing high-impact programs, implementing new initiatives and services and eliminating duplication.
The Impact Team Coordinator will work with the Vibrant Jewish Life and Strategic Planning & Allocations team of professionals to manage community planning initiatives implemented by the Federation both locally and in Israel and ensure the collaboration of the Impact department with the Financial Resource Development, Marketing, and other departments as appropriate, to maximize the impact the team’s work across the organization.
The Impact Team Coordinator is a self-starter who is highly motivated and possesses excellent interpersonal skills and presence. This individual will be able to focus on both fine details and a larger vision to ensure that the details of program development and execution are managed seamlessly for both volunteer leaders and organizational partners.
- Work with Israel & Overseas partner agencies: build relationships with their program staff; manage metrics, reporting and coordination of new grantees in Israel; share impact of the overseas programs supported by the Federation; collaborate with Financial Resource Development department to match overseas funding opportunities with donors’ interest
- Coordinate the work of the Vibrant Jewish Life team: develop working groups; coordinate scheduling, communications, agendas and meeting follow up; serve as the bridge between the creation of community goals and the execution and funding through the Strategic Planning & Allocations processes
- Manage the logistics of community grant programs: communicate and coordinate with internal team and prospective grantees; review and summarize applications; manage tracking of applications and evaluation system
- Track program implementation and prepare data summaries as well as overall trends
- Other Federation responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- 2 years of experience in communal planning and grant management preferred
- Experience Jewish community work and/or strategic planning
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a diverse population
- Knowledge of Jewish customs and practices
In building our professional team, Federation strives to model our vision of an inclusive community and vibrant future. As an equal opportunity employer, we invite and encourage applications from all candidates of all backgrounds and identities. We know that no applicant's experience will align 100% with the listed qualifications. Don't let that hold you back! We encourage you to apply and look forward to meeting you.
Interested candidates should apply at https://shalomdc.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=49