Jewish Federation & Jewish Foundation of Nashville and Middle Tennessee seeks an engaging, dynamic, and experienced team leader with an entrepreneurial spirit to direct our financial resource development (FRD) efforts. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the FRD Director will bring new approaches and innovative strategies to all streams of fundraising. The Director is responsible for the development and implementation of all facets of FRD, providing overall direction for the FRD team with an emphasis on increasing donor engagement and giving, as well increasing efficiency of fundraising strategies.
The FRD Director will work in partnership with volunteer leadership to execute development strategy and demonstrate a strong skill set to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward relationships with current and prospective donors to all streams of giving. The FRD Director will serve as the professional lead for all aspects of fundraising and provide direction, focus, and oversight. The FRD Director will be responsible for building and strengthening relationships with key volunteers to advance their connection to and involvement in fundraising and the Federation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Working with Volunteer Leadership
- Provide professional support to and partner with volunteer/lay leadership to identify, initiate, and develop solicitation efforts, enhance current initiatives, and implement fundraising activities.
- Design and implement Fundraising education and training opportunities for volunteer leadership.
- Cultivate and steward prospective and current donors and volunteers.
- Review and evaluate current fundraising systems and processes, and, if necessary, restructure them to better meet the Federation’s mission and fundraising objectives.
- Analyze and evaluate development-related data to identify opportunities for greater efficiency and efficacy in raising funds and increasing the number of donors and donations.
- Train, develop, focus and inspire FRD staff, enhancing a dynamic and effective team.
- Collaborate with Federation staff across departments to implement FRD efforts.
- Supervise all fundraising events and develop measurable outcomes to evaluate effectiveness of programming.
- Oversee the creation and implementation of internal and external fundraising communications in collaboration with Marketing Director.
- Manage FRD budget.
- Manage special projects as requested.
- Carry out additional relevant responsibilities as assigned by Executive Director.
- Oversee implementation of RE NXT software platform for fundraising.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- A passionate and optimistic individual who inspires team members to find opportunities to make improvements and strive for excellence in execution of their plans.
- Results driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills along with a high degree of detail orientation.
- Demonstrated success implementing strategic activities and tasks with clear goals, objectives and measurement tools.
- A motivational communicator, both written and verbal, who is effective in 1-on-1 and group settings, as well as equally engaging with internal and external audiences.
- Goal driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes and coaches colleagues to meet high performance standards.
- Flexible perspective – ability to work with processes and systems that are evolving and subject to change.
- Understanding of the complexity of the volunteer/professional relationship and success managing those relationships in an effective and professional manner.
- Knowledge of database systems and trends in utilizing technology in prospect identification and research.
- Strong knowledge of Jewish community, culture and practices. Passion for the mission of Federation and the Jewish community including Israel and world Jewry.
- Experience managing and developing budgets.
Education, Training and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field required and advanced degree preferred or equivalent of professional experience.
- A minimum of 7 years of professional experience in a financial resource development role, demonstrating increasing responsibilities with at least 3 years of success in a team management position.
- Experience working with volunteers particularly in the non-profit sector, strongly preferred.
- Hands-on experience with one or more donor database/software (RE NXT/Raiser’s Edge preferred).
This job announcement is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of Jewish Federation & Jewish Foundation of Nashville and Middle Tennessee. With established personnel guidelines, Jewish Federation & Jewish Foundation of Nashville and Middle Tennessee endeavors to provide accommodation for applicants of all abilities.
Commensurate with experience, education and previous related achievements. The position is full time exempt and offers a competitive benefits package.
Applicants must include a cover letter stating interest in the position, a list of three (3) recent professional references who only will be contacted in case of a candidate being interviewed, and a resume of educational and professional experience. Application should be sent via email to email@example.com and no applicant phone calls please.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + Advanced Degree Preferred.