Jewish Federation & Jewish Foundation of Nashville and Middle Tennessee seeks an engaging, dynamic, and motivated professional with an entrepreneurial spirit as a Financial Resource Development (FRD) & Communications Associate. Reporting to the FRD Assistant Director and Foundation Director, the Associate will bring new approaches and innovative strategies to increasing donor engagement and giving, volunteer participation, and effective communication strategies.
The Associate will work in partnership with both professional colleagues and volunteers to execute development and communication strategy, utilizing a strong work ethic and commitment to the mission and goals of the Federation.
KEY AREAS OF FOCUS
Annual Campaign fundraising, Foundation teen philanthropy, zoom/virtual platform management, social media posts, media placements, and distribution of e-newsletter and press releases.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide professional support to and partner with volunteer/lay leadership to identify, initiate, and develop program and fundraising activities.
- Collaborate with Federation staff across departments to implement FRD and communications efforts.
- Develop measurable outcomes to evaluate effectiveness of assignments.
- Manage special projects and additional relevant responsibilities as determined by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- A passionate and optimistic individual who inspires other team members to find opportunities to make improvements and strive for excellence
- Results driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills along with a high degree of detail orientation.
- Demonstrated success implementing strategic activities and tasks with clear goals, objectives and measurement tools.
- A motivational communicator, both written and verbal, who is effective in 1-on-1 and group settings, able to engage with internal and external audiences.
- Goal driven person who maintains high performance standards.
- Flexible perspective – ability to work with processes and systems that are evolving and subject to change.
- Understanding of the complexity of the volunteer/professional relationship and success managing those relationships in an effective and professional manner.
- Knowledge of database systems, social media, and virtual meeting platform.
- Strong knowledge of Jewish community, culture and practices. Passion for the mission of Federation and the Jewish community including Israel and world Jewry.
- Experience managing and developing projects and budgets.
Education, Training and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field required and advanced degree preferred or equivalent of professional experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in a financial resource development and/or communications role with success as part of a working team.
- Experience working with volunteers particularly in the non-profit sector, strongly preferred.
- Hands-on experience with one or more donor database/software (RE NXT/Raiser’s Edge preferred), social media, and zoom/virtual meeting platform.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORKING CONDITIONS
Whether temporarily working from home remotely or in the Federation offices, nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment and software. Ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents, set-up and maintain work files, as well as sitting at a computer desk. Travel by automobile will be required at times. Work performed in a general office environment. The position requires availability for additional hours at various times and regular participation at organizational community events and meetings including nights and weekends. This position does not require lifting of heavy physical objects.
This job announcement is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of Jewish Federation & Jewish Foundation of Nashville and Middle Tennessee. With established personnel guidelines, Jewish Federation & Jewish Foundation of Nashville and Middle Tennessee endeavors to provide accommodation for applicants of all abilities.
Commensurate with experience, education and previous related achievements. The position is full time exempt and offers a competitive benefits package.
Applicants must include a cover letter stating interest in the position, a list of three (3) recent professional references who only will be contacted in case of a candidate being interviewed, and a resume of educational and professional experience. Application should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls.