Jewish Federation of Greater Kansas City is the heart of the Kansas City Jewish community. We build community by bringing people together, strengthening Jewish identity, developing leaders and inspiring generosity in order to fulfill our mission of sustaining and enhancing Jewish life at home and around the world. We ensure a healthy, vibrant Jewish community now and into the future.
Jewish Federation of Greater Kansas City seeks a dynamic individual and an enthusiastic fundraiser who thrives on building & stewarding relationships, cultivating volunteer leadership and building community through outreach and fundraising initiatives. This individual will work closely with staff and volunteers to maximize philanthropy among young adults in the Kansas City Jewish community.
This individual will take a lead role in one-on-one fundraising efforts for the Jewish Federation Community Campaign. This role will also involve planning and executing various campaign events including, but not limited to, the young adult population.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Cultivates and stewards donor prospects to grow the donor base and manages a personal portfolio of donors, securing gifts through face-to-face solicitations
- Recruits and trains volunteer fundraisers
- Organizes and executes campaign events for young adults and general campaign.
- Manages Ben Gurion Society (benefactors under 45 giving $1000+ annually), including outreach and events to engage this cohort.
- Welcomes new individuals to the community and funnels them to Jewish Federation programs and events.
- Works in partnership with the Federation marketing department to implement and maintain young adult online and social media presence; and create and edit content for eblasts.
- With Federation support staff, assures the completion of administrative duties required to support work, including data maintenance, pledge processing, event and meeting logistics, social networking, and more.
Required Skills, Abilities and Characteristics:
- Minimum 3 years experience in face-to-face sales, fundraising, or donor development
- Ability to cultivate relationships with volunteers and donors that result in leadership and financial commitment to Jewish Federation
- Strong emotional intelligence, communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a leader and as part of a team
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Capacity to manage and organize information confidentially
- Proficient in Windows environment, including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree required
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Lisa Schifman at LSchifman@Jewishkc.org.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree Required and 3-5 years of experience.