Windsor Jewish Federation (“WJF”) has an exceptional opportunity for a passionate, visionary executive with strong community building, fundraising and strategic management skills to lead a small but dynamic Jewish community. WJF is committed to promoting and creating Jewish continuity, identity and community in an atmosphere of warmth and meaning.
The Federation consists of five sub agencies:
- Jewish Community Centre – The hub where Jewish life and values are celebrated; programs and services are developed here. In addition to meeting rooms, the facility includes a large gym with showers, steam room and sauna, workout facilities, an outdoor pool, a Kosher kitchen, as well as children’s play facilities and a library.
- The I.L. Peretz House Senior Citizen Corp. – A senior apartment building, comprising 71 one- and two-bedroom units. This large complex includes breakout rooms, a full kitchen and eating area plus a small chapel for morning services.
- Windsor Jewish Communal Projects – This Corporation holds the property and buildings of the Federation.
- United Jewish Appeal – The main fund-raising arm of the Jewish community.
- Jewish Community Endowment Fund of Windsor – The investment arm of the organization which includes both small and major donations that have been invested towards the future of the Jewish community.
WJF is seeking an Executive Director who will build on its strengths and help shape its vision for the future. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to attract and nurture donors, support other aspects of community leadership and be able to work with a broad array of volunteers and agencies towards the goal of enhancing Windsor’s Jewish community. The Executive Director is the key professional staff leader of WJF and is responsible for overseeing the administration, staff, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing and community outreach.
The ideal candidate will bring the following skills and qualifications:
- A minimum of five years of relevant experience in a senior leadership leadership/management role in a JCC, not for profit, or similar agency.
- Strong financial and business acumen. Training and demonstrated experience in strategic and long-term planning, organizational development, risk management, administrative, financial and operational planning and execution.
- A proven track record of developing and implementing programs within and for a community that educate, engage and inspire. Skills in program design, planning, management and evaluation, quality improvement and advocacy, and an ability to establish and lead successful partnerships.
- Financial resource development skills including experience with fundraising, major gift cultivation and solicitation as well as experience writing grant proposals and obtaining and managing grants and funding.
- A strong track record of effective staff and financial resource management, and of leading and managing innovative growth and change.
- Strong interpersonal, time management communication skills. An articulate leader who can think quickly on their feet, capable of being a primary spokesperson for WJF.
- Personal experience inspiring, engaging and managing the continual and dynamic involvement of volunteers and providing strategic leadership and good governance practice to volunteer boards of directors and committees.
- An inspirational, driven and motivating leadership style coupled with strong decision making, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Appreciation of and commitment to Israel and Jewish values; comfort advocating on related issues.
- An understanding of and familiarity with, Jewish life and traditions in a small community.
- An understanding of diversity and equity.
The City of Windsor, Ontario in Essex County with a combined population of 412,000 is located at the end (or the beginning of Highway 401) approximately one mile across from Detroit, Michigan. This position makes it the busiest and proud International Gateway between Canada and the United States. This close proximity offers world-class entertainment, cultural and historic landmarks, restaurants, sporting events, and waterfront parks and gardens. The cultural identity and diversity provide a wide variety of ethnic restaurants for every palate. Some of the best agriculture and a thriving greenhouse industry allow for outstanding local produce and foods. The area is also known for a series of world-class wineries.
Windsor has been ranked by MoneySense magazine to be one of Ontario’s best kept secrets and one of the best places to purchase a beautiful affordable home. The city has three synagogues and its own Jewish cemetery. Located approximately four hours from Toronto, two hours from London and just a few minutes across the international border from Detroit, Michigan, Windsor is a true international gateway to the world.
A detailed position profile is available upon request.
Siegel Executive Search Solutions Inc., member of the Executive Search Alliance, is advising WJF on the basis of an exclusive consulting assignment. Interested applicants may explore this opportunity in confidence by submitting a resume to email@example.com no later than August 12, 2020. The publication of this advertisement is neither an assurance that an applicant will be hired, nor that the position will be held open for any specific period of time in the event that a suitable candidate for the position is identified at an earlier date. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those who are considered for an interview will be contacted.