Seeking an Executive Director for Jewish Federation of Greater Binghamton
The Executive Director of the Jewish Federation of Greater Binghamton (Broome, NY area) is responsible for providing overall professional leadership, inspiration, management and guidance to the Federation, an umbrella organization for the Jewish community. The Broome County area is home to approximately 1200-1500 Jewish families, including those associated with Binghamton University and SUNY-Broome. Broome County has three synagogues, Chabad House, Hillel on BU Campus, Jewish Community Center, a Jewish day school (Hillel Academy), Jewish Family Services, and publishes a weekly paper (The Reporter). The Executive Director is accountable to the Board of Directors.
Position is 0.75 Full Time Equivalent.
Areas of Responsibility
Organize and manage the annual fundraising campaign working with volunteers from the Board and the general community, yielding approximately $300K.
Administer and Supervise day-to-day operations of the Federation, including Jewish Family Service, and The Reporter. Both of these organizations have paid staff. Create and manage operating budget. Work with Endowment Committee overseeing Federation Endowment.
Support Community Programming and Public Relations: Develop and coordinate programs with local Jewish organizations to enhance the quality of life for the region’s Jewish community. Be the public voice of the Federation to the general community in the region and the media.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Non-profit agency experience
- Knowledge of fiscal management
- Strong writing skills
- Public speaking experience
- Experience in fundraising including development of major donors
- Program development, planning, and implementation
- Grant writing
- Strong knowledge of Jewish religion, customs and practices
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to interact with community leaders from diverse backgrounds
- Availability to work evenings and weekends, as needed
Cover letter and resume should be submitted by Feb. 25, 2019
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree Required.