Director of the Weintraub Israel Center
Weintraub Israel Center is a partnership of the Jewish Federation of Southern Arizona and the Tucson Jewish Community Center.
The goal of the Weintraub Israel Center (WIC) is to work with various institutions in the Jewish and general community in Southern Arizona to support self-propelled journeys of individuals to create and nurture a meaningful relationship with Israel and Israelis, enabled by opportunities offered by the local Jewish community, as well as other sources, that will inspire them to take action.
The Weintraub Israel Center Director, will be reporting to the President and CEO of the Tucson Jewish Community Center and to a member of the Senior Management Team at the Jewish Federation of Southern Arizona.
We are looking for:
- An inspiring leader, collaborator and team builder that is eager to learn and understand the Tucson Jewish and broader community with the intention to mobilize people and organizations in a welcoming and collaborative way.
- A passionate and trustworthy engager and connector who can cultivate curiosity and inspire excitement in learning about Israel and Israelis.
- A skillful educator who brings a broad and complex view of Israel based on extensive life experience in and knowledge of Israel, as well as a deep understanding of American and Jewish communal work.
- An experienced educator with a proven record of accomplishment in planning and delivering high-quality educational experiences for various target audiences, focusing primarily on but not limited to youth, young families and retirees.
- An outstanding manager with a record of successfully working with a small team of colleagues, lay leaders and boards.
- Expand Israel engagement and activities in the Jewish and broader community
- Plan and deliver Israel oriented community-wide activities, in partnership with others in the community
- Support institutions in the community with their Israel related activities
- Work with a team in Israel to integrate programing and grant making
- Speak and write about Israel related topics at various community platforms and events
- Plan and organize missions to Israel and other Israel experience trips (MASA, Onward, Taglit, etc.)
- Provide Planning support to missions organized by other institutions in the community, as well as individuals wishing to travel to Israel
- Market and promote Israel related activities on social media and other venues
- Supervise shlichim and shinshinim (young Israeli emissaries)
- Work with lay leaders and committees , as well as, with agency executives and local Rabbis
- Manage budget, personnel, and operations of the WIC
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required; advanced degree preferred
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Strategic, creative and innovative
- Fluency in English required, in Hebrew preferred
- Proficiency with office software and social media platforms
- Hands on, detail oriented, organized, task oriented with great follow through skills
- Excellent writing, speaking and presentation skills
- Excellent people skills
- Strong marketing abilities
- Strong team orientation and willingness to take initiative
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with diverse stakeholders including staff, vendors, donors and volunteers
- Available to work some evening and weekend hours
- Commitment to our mission and nonprofit work
- Experience with budget and P&L management
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed, the level of knowledge and skills typically required, and usual working conditions of this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Jewish Federation of Southern Arizona is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other condition prescribed by federal, state, or local law.
Please send an email titled "WIC Director" to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your CV.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + Advanced Degree Preferred.