The St. Paul Jewish Federation is seeking a dynamic leader with a proven track record in fundraising to grow its resource development program. This position reports directly to the CEO. The Director will work in a highly demanding but supportive team environment using your knowledge, experience, passion, creativity, and engaging personality to lead the agency’s FRD program.
General Duties & Responsibilities
As Director of Donor Engagement, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure the overall success and growth of the annual campaign as well as other financial resource development (FRD) initiatives including endowments, supplemental and corporate gifts, sponsorships, grants and planned giving.
- Strengthen current donor and volunteer relationships as well and developing new ones.
To accomplish this, you will:
- Develop, coordinate and implement fundraising campaigns with specific, measurable and timely goals.
- Use considerable initiative, independence, and originality to develop new fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Take a leadership role in developing and soliciting major contributors and campaign leaders
- Develop strong relationships with current donors, provide leadership in the donor cultivation and stewardship process, and broaden the donor base.
- Consult with the Executive Director on all philanthropy-related issues.
- Staff an FRD Committee as well as other committees as assigned.
- Recruit, develop, train and provide leadership and direction to volunteers to build a pipeline of leadership for the future.
- Strengthen the Federation’s planned giving program and position the Federation as a community leader in planned giving.
- Develop local, national and global experiences that highlight the agency’s impact.
- Develop opportunities for supplemental gifts to support specific Federation programs and activities.
- Oversee Federation’s affinity groups.
- Develop efficient processes and procedures to ensure the donors and volunteers experiences are positive and professional.
- Work with the Marketing Director to integrate marketing and communications strategies into our overall fundraising strategies.
- Provide leadership and supervision of campaign and database staff as well as other staff members as assigned. Ensure that accurate donor information is maintained and prospect cultivation is actively tracked.
- Ensure reporting systems are complete, efficient, accurate and monitored.
- Be a team player willing to take on other responsibilities to support the overall goals of the agency.
- Follow through on your commitments and respond to inquiries in a timely manner, and keep to your word.
- Become proficient with our CRM database.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required with 3+ years of proven experience soliciting annual campaign gifts.
- Must be a strategic thinker with strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated success in major gifts fundraising & stewardship.
- Demonstrated success in growing financial resources and creating new partnerships.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing strategic activities.
- Strong emotional intelligence, communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to adapt communication style to interact with various constituencies and audiences.
- Demonstrated understanding of volunteer/professional dynamics.
- Positive, can-do, go-getter attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, perform well under pressure, juggle multiple tasks and exhibit sound judgment.
- Knowledge and experience in use of technology, social media and donor relations software (knowledge of Arreva software is a plus.).
- Experience with and knowledge about charitable gift planning and philanthropic vehicles.
- Knowledge of the Jewish community, customs, values and traditions, including knowledge of Israel.
- Understanding of, and appreciation and passion for, the mission of the St. Paul Jewish community.
- Have a high degree of Sechel.
Only electronic applications will be considered. Interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, two writing samples and salary requirements to Kimberly McGlothlin at email@example.com.
About the St. Paul Jewish Federation
The St. Paul Jewish Federation is an 86-year old Jewish institution committed to ensuring the strength and future of the greater St. Paul Jewish community and its connection to world Jewry. Through our annual campaign, we support more than a dozen local, national and international agencies and programs. The Federation recently conducted a population study which showed that the community has significantly grown to 12,300 Jewish households within the greater St. Paul area.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree Required and 3-5 years of experience.