Supervisor: Chief Development Officer
There is not a more exciting time to be associated with the Jewish Federation of Omaha (JFO)! We have embarked on an aggressive vision to transform our 45 year old campus into the most relevant and conveniently located facility in Omaha. Similarly, the multiple agencies which operate under the JFO’s umbrella are providing more programs and services to our community than ever before.
We are searching for an exceptional Director of Development to join our team. It is important to note that the JFO intends to hire a Director of Development who has the skill set and is capable of growing into the future Chief Development Officer for the organization.
Here's an overview of the purpose of the position and qualifications. Please note, we will only contact the most qualified candidates for this highly competitive position.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB
Responsible for donor development and stewardship of the Omaha Jewish Community with a focus on increasing donor base and annual gift levels related to our $3.3M Annual Campaign. Direct involvement in the Annual Campaign of the JFO including, but not limited to: assisting with creation and implementation of strategic plan, coordinating volunteer solicitor efforts, and managing an active donor portfolio with gifts exceeding $750k per year. Particular emphasis placed on the NextGen demographic by involving newcomers and previously unaffiliated.
Additional focus area include assisting in a community-wide Capital Campaign with a goal of raising $8-10M more in funding, broadening the reach of our facilities throughout the general Omaha community; and developing relationships and support from non-Jewish sources.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of six years’ experience in fundraising, public relations, communications, or management.
- Proven track record of raising funds from diverse sources, including major gifts from individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Knowledge of and connections to the funding community within the Omaha Metro Area, preferred.
- Experience in successfully managing campaigns and engaging a community to provide support.
- Appreciation and understanding of the Jewish Federation of Omaha’s mission, vision, and values.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products and Donor CRM Software.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ANNUAL & SUPPLEMENTAL CAMPAIGNS
- Assists in developing campaign strategy and all executional components
- Gains passionate understanding of the Federation’s mission, vision, and values in order to share compelling stories of the beneficiaries who receive support from the JFO
- Solicits and builds relationships with an assigned portfolio of donors
- Assists in securing and training Campaign volunteers
- Identifies prospects and secures new donors
- Shares methods for leveraging donor software’s capabilities in order to improve CRM
- Assists with organizing and staffing all Campaign programming
- Contributes to development and implementation of an $8-10M Capital Campaign to complete the JFO’s $32M campus transformation
DONOR RELATIONSHIPS & STEWARDSHIP
- Maintains ongoing CRM practices with assigned donors
- Manages the process for donor thank you notes, milestone recognition, topics of interest, etc.
- Completes two additional “personal touches” per year with assigned donors in addition to Campaign solicitation
- Collaborates with synagogues, community members, and JFO agencies to identify and welcome newcomers
- Works with Young Jewish Omaha (YJO) board to organize programming, marketing, and budget. Attendance at YJO events as appropriate
- Assists in developing NextGen (young families with kids) network, establishes lay-committee, and works with JFO agencies
- Creates network of Inter-Faith Families in collaboration with synagogues; identifies opportunities and assists in designing compelling programming
- Dynamic communication skills
- Proven approach to donor stewardship
- Knowledge of the Jewish Federation system, both locally and internationally
- Able to articulate understanding of current Jewish topics pertaining to the United States and throughout the world, particularly Israel
- Maintain political neutrality during donor interactions
- Cognizant of community needs and translate those needs into donor opportunities
- Work cooperatively with donors, supervisors, staff, and volunteers
- Strict adherence to donor confidentiality
To apply for the job, please send all applicants to this link: