- Promoting religious freedom and the separation of church and state,
- Supporting a democratic, strong and peaceful Israel, as the homeland and nation-state of the Jewish people,
- The eradication of all forms of racism and anti-Semitism,
- The safety and well-being of Jewish agencies, organizations, and individuals in the Richmond community and environs.
- Educate the public and advocate for support of Israel within both the Jewish and non-Jewish communities.
- Plan and implement relevant cultural, educational, and advocacy-based community programs.
- Plan and coordinate strategies to combat local BDS campaigns, working closely with the Israel Action Network and other local and national organizations.
- In partnership with JCRC leadership, develop organizational goals, priorities, and policy recommendations that address the Jewish community’s needs with respect to Israel and the public affairs and community relations agenda
- Establish, nurture, and strengthen relationships with key professionals, community organizations, and government offices, including key policy and decision makers, elected officials, interfaith organizations, and other religious, academic, and political thought leaders
- Monitor local, national, and international events, working with lay leadership to set policy, and mobilize leadership and volunteers for action as needed
- Oversee local media relations and collaborate with marketing regarding Federation social media, as it relates to Israel and Jewish perspectives
- Serve as a resource to the Jewish and non-Jewish communities
- Establish relationships with local, state, and national lawmakers and other national Jewish organizations engaged in government affairs and related efforts
- With the support of the JCRC and Federation leadership, advocate on public policy issues of concern working with government officials, media, and the Jewish community
- Ensure commitment from the JCRC leadership to the broader Jewish Federation and its relationship development, leadership and investment mission.
- Undertake other assignments as may be requested by the CEO of the Federation