Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree Required and 3-5 years of experience.
Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia has an opening for a MISSIONS DIRECTOR. This position is critical to Jewish Federation’s development strategy and will be responsible for producing and curating meaningful and inspirational missions to Israel and other overseas locations with a balance of culture, leisure and visits to sites funded by Jewish Federation. This position is also responsible for managing all fundraising strategies related to missions participants, missions alumni programming and staffing the Missions Committee.
• Work with development staff & volunteer leadership to produce meaningful missions
• Ensure that pre and post mission fundraising strategies and relationship management systems are in place
• Manage special projects and fundraising initiatives related to Missions and Missions alumni
• Build and strengthen mission alumni affinities through pre and post mission activities and communications and connect alumni to giving opportunities
• Organize and attend parlor meetings to engage and recruit participants, as well as to prepare participants for missions
• Manage fundraising and relationship management for Birthright Israel
• Work with VIP’s and community members to facilitate exclusive access for personal Israel travel
• Staff Jewish Federation’s Missions Committee
• Manage a portfolio of prospects for Major Gift Fundraising
• Prepare and monitor budgets
• Provide supervision and professional development of Missions Manager
• In depth knowledge of Israeli geography, tourism and history
• 3 to 5 years of progressive experiences as Major Gift fundraiser for larger, sophisticated nonprofit organizations
• 3 to 5 years’ experience supporting foreign travel
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with high level donors, Jewish Federation staff, community volunteers and external vendors
• Sound analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent organizational and planning skills
• High levels of motivation and creativity
• National and international travel will be required. Must have a valid passport.
• General and business knowledge equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred)
If you are interested in being considered for this position please send a resume and a brief letter detailing your qualifications and salary requirements to email@example.com .
Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, vision, Rx, dental, disability and life insurance, generous vacation time and a 403b retirement savings program.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia mobilizes financial and volunteer resources to address the communities’ most critical priorities locally, in Israel and around the world.