The Jewish Federation of the Berkshires seeks a dynamic, creative, and motivated professional to engage community and provide operational and community leadership to strengthen and grow our vibrant Jewish community.
The Director of Community Engagement and Programming will be a strategic thinker who works to understand the needs of our community as identified in our current strategic plan and possesses the vision and initiative required to enhance existing programming and develop and implement new engagement models to connect and support currently underserved constituencies.
We are looking for a hands-on self-starter with strong leadership, communication, organization, social impact, and teamwork skills. This full-time position offers a rare opportunity to use your talents to benefit a greater good and work with individuals who share a commitment to helping those in need and strengthening Jewish connections and community to further the work of the Federation.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director in representing all facets of our work as the public face of the Federation in the Jewish and broader community.
- Develop and implement new community-based engagement opportunities in fulfillment of our strategic goals and objectives.
- Seek opportunities for collaboration through a Jewish lens with broader community organizations in public spaces.
- Work with key leaders to secure relevant speakers and facilitate existing programs, events and leadership trainings..
- Nurture and sustain relationships with program participants to deepen their connections to one another and to the Jewish community.
- Work with the Executive Director to learn internal operations to provide support and problem solving to the Federation team as needed.
- Support the Development Officer and Executive Director in identifying and cultivating new donors and leaders through your engagement work.
- Identify, involve and engage staff, committee members, and community members to ensure that programs are well planned, organized, and implemented to achieve specified goals
- Collaborate with the communications team to ensure effective and timely marketing of programs in our community newspaper, secular press, social media, and online communications.
- Evaluate the impact of programs,, projects, and intatives against measurable criteria, including surveys, feedback, focus groups, etc.
- Work with Executive Director to develop and manage annual program budget.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of demonstrated programming and engagement success.
- Knowledge and respect for Jewish values, culture, history, traditions, and community.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships and rapport with donors, leaders, and program participants.
- Ability to work autonomously, determine priorities, and manage multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Strong Communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work within an allocated budget
- Computer literate, proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs. Knowledge of Photoshop, Canva or other design tools a plus. Comfortable learning additional programs as needed.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and 5-7 Sundays a year as needed.
The Jewish Federation of the Berkshires offers a competitive salary commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the selected applicant ($60-$70K). The benefits package includes a generous time off package including Jewish and secular holidays, vacation, sick time, bereavement and family leave, health insurance stipend, 403b retirement plan, and opportunities for professional development.
The Jewish Federation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com