Director, Campaign & Fundraising Strategies
Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh seeks an engaging, dynamic, and experienced team leader with an entrepreneurial spirit to lead our annual community campaign and develop high-level processes to streamline all fundraising efforts. Reporting to the Senior Director of Development, the Director will bring new approaches and innovative strategies to the annual campaign and other streams of fundraising. The Director, Campaign and Strategic Initiatives is responsible for the development and implementation of all facets of the campaign, providing overall direction for increasing donor engagement and giving, as well increasing efficiency of fundraising strategies.
The Director will work in partnership with volunteer leadership of the Community Campaign to execute campaign strategy, coordinate and/or oversee all campaign events, identify and cultivate prospective donors. The Director will serve as the project manager for the Campaign and provide direction, focus, and oversight. The Director will be responsible for building and strengthening relationships with key volunteers to advance their connection to and involvement in fundraising and the Federation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Provide professional support to lay leadership to identify, initiate, and develop solicitation efforts, enhance current initiatives and implement fundraising activities.
2. Design and implement Fundraiser education and training opportunities for volunteer leadership.
3. Cultivate and steward prospective and current donors and volunteers.
1. Review and evaluate current campaign and fundraising systems and processes, and, if necessary, restructure them to better meet the Federation’s mission and fundraising objectives.
2. Analyze and evaluate Campaign-related data to identify opportunities and develop a campaign plan for greater efficiency and efficacy in raising funds and increasing the donor base.
3. Recruit, train, develop, focus and inspire staff, creating a dynamic, effective, campaign team.
4. Partner with appropriate staff to implement focused campaign efforts including, but not limited to telemarketing, direct mail, Federation Staff campaign, Federation Board campaign, Agency staff and board campaigns.
5. Supervise all campaign fundraising events and collaborate with Manager of Impact Measurement to develop measurable outcomes to evaluate effectiveness of programming.
6. Oversee the creation and implementation of internal and external fundraising communications in collaboration with Senior Director of Development and Marketing Director.
7. Manage Campaign budget in consultation with Senior Director of Development
1. Manage special projects as requested.
2. Carry out additional relevant responsibilities as requested by Senior Development Director.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
1. A passionate and optimistic individual who inspires team members to find opportunities to make improvements and strive for excellence in execution of their plans.
2. Results driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills along with a high degree of detail orientation.
3. Demonstrated success implementing strategic activities and tasks with clear goals, objectives and measurement tools.
4. A motivational communicator, both written and verbal, who is effective in 1-on-1 and group settings, as well as equally engaging with internal and external audiences.
5. Goal driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes and coaches colleagues to meet high performance standards.
6. Flexible perspective – ability to work with processes and systems that are evolving and subject to change.
7. Understanding of the complexity of the volunteer/professional relationship and success managing those relationships in an effective and professional manner.
8. Knowledge of database systems and trends in utilizing technology in prospect identification and research.
9. Strong knowledge of Jewish community, culture and practices. Passion for the mission of federation and the Jewish community including Israel and world Jewry.
10. Experience managing and developing budgets.
Education, Training and/or Experience
1. Bachelor's degree in relevant field required and advanced degree preferred or equivalent of professional experience.
2. A minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience in a financial resource development role, with at least two - three years of success in a team management position.
3. Experience working with volunteers and in the not for profit sector, strongly preferred.
4. Hands-on experience with one or more donor database/software.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORKING CONDITIONS
Nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment. Ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents, set-up and maintain work files, as well as sitting at a computer desk. Travel by automobile will be required frequently. Work performed in a general office environment. The position requires availability for additional hours at various times and regular participation at organization sponsored events and meetings including nights and weekends. This position does not require heavy lifting.
This job announcement is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh. Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh endeavors to provide accommodation for applicants of all abilities. Please notify the Human Resources Manager for additional information.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, education and previous related achievements. The position is full time exempt and offers a competitive benefits package.
To Apply: Qualified individuals may apply by sending cover letter and resume to email@example.com or Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh, 2000 Technology Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15219.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + Advanced Degree Preferred and 6-9 years of experience.