Are you a leader who can inspire philanthropic action? Are you a storyteller and effective listener? Can you zoom out and see the big picture while maintaining all the details? Do you think strategically and with compassion? The Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle is excited to announce an opening for a Development Director.
Get to know us:
The Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle is on a mission to invest in a vibrant and thriving Jewish community locally, nationally, and in Israel and overseas for today and far into the future. We seek to transform the way our Jewish community connects to each other, meaningful causes, and our world. To deliver on this, we need to be world-class and provide quality experiences and opportunities that engage and inspire.
What’s key to know about the job:
Reporting to the President and CEO, the Development Director is responsible for Federation’s organizational financial resource development, including developing and implementing the Federation’s annual campaign and continuing to foster a culture of philanthropy for the organization. Integrating organizational values and working directly with senior volunteer leadership and direct and indirect reports, the Director oversees all aspects of the campaign including direct donor stewardship and solicitation, Women’s Philanthropy, Donor Engagement Training, Family Foundation Grant Management, and Corporate Sponsorships. The Director develops and executes a comprehensive and diversified fundraising plan. To view the full job description please visit our website under Careers www.jewishinseattle.org.
Who You Are:
- You have 5+ years experience in fundraising.
- You have 3+ years leading a dynamic and large team.
- Strategy is your middle name.
- You have a sense of style and taste in everything you do.
- You put the P in powerful writer.
- You’re a social superstar and everyone’s friend.
- You’re not afraid of the pressure cooker. You’re an expert at handling deadlines and competing priorities.
- You’re a visionary who also knows when tradition counts.
- You’re a critical thinker who embraces data and knowledge to develop solutions to problems.
- You’re so organized, your sock drawer is color-coded.
- You have a four-year degree.
DOE. We offer outstanding benefits including medical, dental and life insurance, generous paid time off, sick leave, paid holidays including Jewish holiday, etc.
Interested candidates are encouraged to visit the Federation website to gain insight into the agency’s mission and impact. Submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Your cover letter should address what makes you uniquely qualified for this position. Also, if you currently do not live in the Seattle area, please explain why you would choose Seattle to be your home. Local candidates or those who plan to move to the Seattle area in the near future need only apply.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree Required and 3-5 years of experience.