The Development Associate will have responsibilities within NowGen, the Federation’s innovative model of engagement aimed at young adults between ages 21-45, as well as within other areas of the Federation. Assignments within the Development Associate position will involve skills in community engagement, leadership development, fundraising and events management.
- Identify, cultivate and steward relationships with community members.
- Work with lay leaders and volunteers to build programs, engage individuals and develop leadership.
- Build and manage budgets.
- Track metrics including attendance, engagement, and fundraising.
- Work with NowGen leadership board on specifically defined assignments.
- Create new programs and services as needed to address the needs of the young adult community as well as support existing programs.
- Assignments within the scope of the Federation’s overall Development Team, related and not limited to engaging the Jewish community and fundraising initiatives.
- Represent Jewish Federation of Greater Phoenix at partner and community organizations’ programs.
Standing, walking, repetitive motions, bending, stretching.
Bachelor’s degree - studies in related fields such as nonprofit management, Jewish communal service, events management, and marketing are preferred.
Strong organization and time management skills, including the ability to multitask, prioritize workload and maintain a high level of accuracy with attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently as well as in team environment and be detail-oriented. Strong interpersonal relationship skills including the ability to meet, greet, and educate people with confidence and poise. Experience in goal setting. Ability to engage young adults to join and participate in NowGen and encourage their involvement in leadership roles. Prior successes working in the young adult sphere a plus. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs and donor tracking software programs (i.e., Blackbaud Donor Management System). Comfortable with social media platforms. Must possess strong written and oral communications skills. Diplomacy, drive, along with a sense of humor. Minimum of two years’ work experience. Must be knowledgeable about the Jewish community.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.