Serves as the staff liaison for the development & maintenance of the Tidewater Jewish Foundation’s (TJF) relationships with donors and affiliates/agencies to cultivate and steward donors and prospects for planned gifts to include managing the LIFE & LEGACY and other programs.
Works collaboratively with the President & CEO to manage the LIFE & LEGACY* program to steward the organization's planned giving program, communicating its benefits to affiliated agencies, donors, and prospects coordinating with marketing campaigns. Monitors development goals and progress, in conjunction with CEO, who serves as the Chief Development Officer, to guide development efforts and related communications to Boards,
Affiliates, donors, professional advisors and prospects.
Development and LIFE & LEGACY:
- Serves as primary staff liaison and coach to all LIFE & LEGACY partner organizations. Responsibilities include monthly phone meetings and site visits, training sessions, tracking team progress, providing marketing materials, attending and participating in events (as needed) and planning annual community Legacy event. Additionally, offers guidance on solicitations, agency board meeting presentations and legacy team meetings.
- Coordinates solicitation efforts through a systematic process of prospect identification, qualification and strategy development in collaboration with CEO and LIFE & LEGACY teams.
- Manages database functionality and integrity which is an integral component to enable coordinating solicitation efforts to include prospect identification, cultivation, ratings, stewardship and strategy development and to document progress with regard to closing gifts and achieving organizational goals.
- Works with TJF staff, Board and other lay leaders to ensure and integrate the development goals of TJF by facilitating development efforts including planning, organizing and executing affiliate Legacy Action Plans.
- Keep CEO apprised of progress toward goals and provide monthly updates and at quarterly Board meetings as appropriate.
- Facilitates development efforts by planning, organizing, monitoring and assisting with the execution of Affiliate action plans and coordination with Legacy teams.
- Works with CEO to manage pending items and determine/manage priority, pursuing new strategic growth opportunities and expanding planned giving programs as appropriate.
- In conjunction with CEO, ensures effective stewardship and recognition programs are planned (e.g. Book of Life and Lion of Judah Endowment) and executed.
- Promotes TJF and gift planning concepts to help cultivate new legacy gifts with multiple generations of donors.
- Works with donors, fund representatives, affiliates and other TJF staff to increase utilization of DonorFirst system (online donor/fund rep portal) and MarketSmart survey and website data.
- Establishes or adjusts development goals/campaigns for specific affiliates/programs and document through CRM database prospect opportunities and activities to attain these goals.
- Works collaboratively with UJFT marketing department to effectively organize and coordinate preparation of promotional literature (print, web, e-newsletters, etc.) in line with LIFE & LEGACY and other development initiatives, including promotion of TJF Grants, Stein and Rovner Scholarships.
- Works collaboratively with both TJF and UJFT development and marketing staff to update TJF/UJFT website and to help promote all TJF events and programs including, but not limited to Veteran’s Day, Simon Family Legacy Society, Simon Family Passport to Israel, Trainings/Workshops, B’nai Tzedek Teen Philanthropy program, Emerging Philanthropist Council and One Happy Camper.
- Collaborates with Donor Services Coordinator in tasks involving communication with affiliates, updating database information and donor relations/services, including promotion of TJF grants and scholarship processes.
- Ensures that departmental procedures are written and updated on an on-going basis.
- Works to understand and improve processes and procedures as it relates to administration and communication with donors, affiliates/agencies, staff and lay leaders.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing foundation-related publications and establishing personal networks.
- Other duties and projects as required.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least three (3) years’ experience in one or more of the following areas of development, marketing, financial planning, community relations, foundations and/or grant making. Non-profit experience not required; however would be a plus.
Resumes may be submitted to email@example.com
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree Required and 3-5 years of experience.