The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore is seeking a hardworking and enthusiastic Development Associate to join our dedicated team of Development Professionals. We are looking for someone who will engage volunteers through a variety of fundraising and engagement initiatives, programs and events. The ideal candidate should have experience working with volunteers, managing relationships and working in teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Create and implement programming for donors and prospective donors with a variety of professional backgrounds
- Cultivate, solicit and steward donors, and play a role in prospect identification and donor acquisition
- Train and support lay leaders through the development of strategy for meetings and events, generating written materials as needed
- Empower current and future lay leaders to feel a high degree of ownership, involvement and responsibility towards the fulfillment of The Associated’s mission
- Collaborate and strategize with The Associated’s Marketing Department
- Ensure accuracy of donor information on The Associated’s database
- Participate in Development Department and Associated meetings
- Represent The Associated and maintain a personable profile in the community by developing and maintaining relationships that will help advance The Associated’s mission.
What You'll Bring to the Job:
- Two years of non-profit fundraising experience.
- Bachelor's degree required; Advanced degree is a plus.
- Dedicated to strengthening the Jewish Community and invested in engaging a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Superior ability to accomplish goals and to recruit, engage and motivate volunteers
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Creativity, flexibility, curiosity, and attention to detail
- Commitment to The Associated's mission
- Willingness to work select evenings and Sundays
- The ability to maintain confidentiality
- The ability to manage and resolve conflict
- Reliable transportation
- An intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office programs. Experience with donor databases is advantageous.
Why You Will Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, 401K, life insurance, Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan, generous vacation/sick time and parental leave
- Professional development, mentoring and skill-building opportunities
- Potential to travel abroad, particularly to Israel
- Satisfaction in knowing you are making a difference in the lives of people in Baltimore and around the world
Qualified applicants should apply to: http://bit.ly/AssociatedDevelopmentAssociate
The Associated is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + Advanced Degree Preferred.