Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia is seeking a DATABASE ARCHITECT AND ADMINISTRATOR for significant data transformation projects in our donor management system.
The Database Architect will report to and work directly with the Director of Advancement Services; however, the position will be responsible for both enhancing existing and implementing new database systems as needed to meet the growing data needs of the entire organization. With an initial focus on the Fundraising and Finance operations, the Database Architect will ensure that we capture, structure, and report data in a manner that effectively supports a data-driven operation.
Major Position Responsibilities Include:
- Data Structuring, Capture and Management
- Data Transparency and Analysis
- Configuration of data within the system
- Quality Assurance / Testing, especially validation of data
- Creation of related documentation
- Programming and Report Writing using SQL Reporting Services Report Builder and software specific tools
- The Database Architect will learn all aspects of the Jewish Federation’s business and determine how best to support it using the donor management software. Therefore, candidates with prior experience in fundraising systems are preferred.
- Five to seven years of hands-on experience in programming and application design
- Proven experience with programming in Microsoft SQL
- Server Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services/OLAP (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), and Visual Studio
- SharePoint Server 2007, Microsoft Access
- Ideal candidate will be a Blackbaud developer.
Other Qualifications include:
- Power BI experience preferred
- Measurable successes designing database structures to streamline and cleanse data
- Demonstrated ability to improve data integrity, accuracy, and consistency to ultimately simplify reporting and analysis
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent analytical skills; client-focus and customer service orientation
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, deliver on time and work well in a team setting as well as independently is critical
- Experience in other programming environments, general data management, creating and executing test scripts, and validating data conversion desirable
For More Information and to Apply:
Submit resume and a letter detailing your qualifications and compensation requirements, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia's mission is to mobilize financial and volunteer resources to address the community's most critical priorities in Greater Philadelphia, in Israel and around the world.