Manage evaluation work for the Community Impact Department:
- Continue to improve and implement evaluation processes, including Investment Evaluation Agreements
- Evaluate the effectiveness and impact of organizations, programs, and community investments (grants); be an evaluation resource for internal and external colleagues
- Use evaluation learnings to drive change in order to best meet the needs of our community
- Develop common outcomes within priority areas to inform community investments
- Provide technical assistance around impact and evaluation to Community Partners and serve as a resource for external evaluation capacity building
- Collaborate with consultants who offer technical assistance to evaluation work for Federation and Community Partners
- Develop and create tools to communicate Federation’s impact to the community (i.e. Impact Report)
Engage lay leadership and Community Partners in evaluation processes:
- Support the education of lay leadership (volunteers) about our processes and responsibilities
- Work with the Director of Community Investment & Evaluation to create meaningful engagement opportunities for the Investment & Evaluation Subcommittee and its task forces
Be a supportive and collaborative member of the Community Impact team:
- Manage and/or contribute to investment processes, including application and review process for 1-2 Supporting Foundations, contributing to Community Investment processes and/or endowment investment processes
- Manage and/or contribute to other projects that support the success of the Community Impact team and that support the success of Federation (i.e. fundraising efforts, needs assessments, volunteer management)
- Contribute to a collaborative team environment and culture, working with team members to support one another’s success
- Educate the community about the work of Federation and of the Community Impact team.
- Develop and utilize skills in FRED, Granted Edge, Excel, and other relevant technological and data analytic tools to accurately manage information and perform other job duties
- Serve as a liaison between specific community agencies and the Community Impact team
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, required. Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in evaluation or related professional field
- Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others
- Deep knowledge of the St. Louis Jewish community or other Jewish communities, preferred
The Jewish Federation of St. Louis is the community’s central philanthropic, planning and community-building organization. Founded in 1901, it is one of the region’s largest and oldest nonprofit organizations. Federation is committed to the development and enhancement of a thriving, vibrant Jewish community through the support of approximately 60 local, national and international agencies, programs, services and innovative projects.
The Jewish Federation of St. Louis offers an extensive benefits package including health, dental, 403(b), paid vacation, paid holidays, sick and personal time, life insurance, LTD and more.
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com for consideration.
Jewish Federation of St. Louis is an equal opportunity employer.