Organization and Community:
The Jewish Federation of Greater Dallas is an organization that is large, dynamic, collaborative, and fast-paced with 35 employees, a strong and visible board of trustees, and an annual campaign of approximately $11 million. The Dallas Federation has over 100 years of demonstrated excellence, and is viewed as a leader in the field.
Dallas is the fourth largest metroplex in the United States serving a community of more than 70,000 Jews. There are more than 60 synagogues, organizations and institutions in the Dallas Jewish Community. Additionally, Dallas is home to hundreds of well-known businesses and Fortune 500 and 1000 companies, world class arts, culture and cuisine, sports teams, healthcare providers and educational institutions. Dallas is known for its temperate climate, central location with one of the largest airports in the world, and moderate cost of living making life very comfortable for its residents.
For more information about the Dallas Jewish community and Federation please click on www.jewishdallas.org.
The Chief Development Officer is responsible for planning, implementing, growing and evaluating the overall campaign initiatives for the Federation through the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individual, corporate, foundation and other donors and prospects. Develops and implements the strategies necessary to develop donors and contributions. Strategically manages the relationships with relevant Board and Lay Leadership.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create and solidify an innovative and coordinated development infrastructure to support maximum short-and long-term fundraising goals.
- Develop an overall strategic plan for an integrated development model which supports the overall mission of the organization. Involve professional peers and relevant lay leaders in the strategic development process to utilize their expertise and cultivate their support.
- Develop positive relationships with current major donors and provide stewardship to the donor cultivation process. Participates in the cultivation and solicitation of selected major contributors and campaign leadership.
- Supervise corporate sponsorship activities to significantly expand Federation sources of revenue.
- Assure that the performance of all staff is actively managed and professional development and coaching opportunities are identified and implemented.
- Manage the overall relationship with relevant Boards and Committees, involving staff and lay leaders as appropriate.
- Lead the Development/Campaign Team to facilitate the development and implementation of an integrated resource development model. Participate in the annual campaign with focused emphasis on cultivation, soliciting and identifying major gifts.
- Participate as a member of the senior management team and provide consultation to the President and CEO on all philanthropy related issues.
- Staff the major gift division of the annual campaign working with Stewardship and Giving Society Chairs, Pacesetter Event Chairs, and Pacesetter Campaign Chairs.
- In conjunction with the Campaign Director:
- Ensure that donor information is effectively and efficiently maintained and prospect cultivation activity is appropriately tracked.
- Ensure that reporting systems are complete, efficient, accurate and monitored for quality control.
- Ensure that appropriate systems are in place to provide exceptional customer service to all donors and prospects.
11. In conjunction with Lay Leadership, work with the marketing team to develop campaign materials and
documentation to supplement campaign tactics.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- 10-15 years development experience in a non-profit is required. Federation experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Jewish customs and traditions preferred.
This position offers a competitive compensation package including salary and benefits.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the e-mail.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + Advanced Degree Preferred and 10+ years of experience.