Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree Required.
DEPARTMENT: Business Intelligence
REPORTS TO: Managing Director, Business Intelligence
The Jewish Federations of North America (“JFNA”) represents 146 Jewish Federations and over 300 Network communities, which raise and distribute more than $3 billion annually for social welfare, social services and educational needs. The Federation movement, collectively among the top 10 charities on the continent, protects and enhances the well-being of Jews worldwide through the values of tikkun olam (repairing the world), tzedakah (charity and social justice) and Torah (Jewish learning).
JFNA is looking for a Business Analyst to join a new Business Intelligence team. The Business Analyst will work independently and together with the Senior Business Analyst, Business Intelligence under the guidance of the Managing Director to support monthly, annual and ad hoc data collection from the Federation network, with a focus on revenue data. The Business Analyst will support internal and external stakeholders by helping to coordinate data collection and analysis; producing meaningful, accurate, and timely reporting; and recommending improvements to JFNA’s data environment and practices. The Business Analyst will work collaboratively across teams to collect business requirements, document business processes, and develop recommendations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure timely collection of data from the Federation network by coordinating data collection schedule, tracking completion by Federation staff, performing quality checks, and raising concerns as required
• Train and advise Federations on accurate reporting of data
• Coordinate data collection efforts across JFNA program areas
• Design and execute meaningful and user-friendly reports for JFNA and Federation professionals and leadership
• Document business processes and key performance indicators (KPIs)
• Handle Salesforce customer support requests as they come in: forgotten passwords, process confusion, data upload needs, report/dashboard creation needs, etc.
• Ensure data cleanliness by running duplicate merge processes and scanning for any human or computer errors in the data. Run routine and project-based database maintenance
• Partner with consultants to integrate support of JFNA processes and KPIs into strategic Salesforce platform
• Identify opportunities to extend data collection to support other JFNA program needs
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor Degree or higher
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a business analyst, data analyst or business intelligence role
• Comfortable with data, statistical analysis, and quantitative reporting
• Strong Excel skills
• Strong interpersonal communication skills; excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent project management and organizational skills with attention to detail and commitment to follow-through
• Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Business Intelligence software such as PowerBI, Tableau
• Database design/management, query design
• Understanding of the capabilities of Salesforce, including security controls (profiles, permission sets, public groups, queues, sharing settings), process automation tools (workflows, flows, process builder), and business application development (custom objects, custom fields, page layouts, record types, apps, tabs)
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Knowledge of fundraising, experience with NFP, knowledge of Jewish communal organizations and Federations