About the Associate, Young Leadership Division position:
The Jewish Federation of Cleveland is searching for a dynamic professional to join our Young Leadership Division (YLD) team. The YLD Associate is a full-time position and assumes responsibility for assisting to implement strategies that will create a vibrant and thriving community for young adults in Jewish Cleveland. Identified as a key priority of the Federation, the YLD Associate will work with the Young Leadership staff team and assume responsibility for deepened engagement of young adults in Jewish life, greater philanthropic investment through the annual Campaign for Jewish Needs and increased programming and activities. This position reports to the Director of Young Leadership Division.
Outreach & Engagement:
- Conduct meetings with young adults who are new to town and are relocating to Cleveland.
- Build and maintain relationships with young adults through in-person meetings and interactions.
- Assume responsibility for individual follow-up from Young Leadership events and activities.
- Manage next steps for participants of key cohort experiences, such as Birthright and other Israel connection programming, LEADS, Young Leadership conferences and missions.
- Plan and implement social, educational and philanthropic events geared toward young adults.
- Work in partnership with Young Leadership board and committee members to engage volunteers in the event planning process.
- Organize event logistics that include defining audience, date, venue and overall look and feel of event.
- Increase event attendance at YLD events.
Campaign for Jewish Needs:
- Manage a portfolio of Young Leadership Campaigners.
- Solicit prospects for the Campaign for Jewish Needs.
- Assume a key role in the Development Department’s Campaign Management Team.
- Increase the number of YLD donors.
1. Work with Federation staff members who engage young adults in the organization’s work.
2. Partner with Young Leadership team to build and maintain relationships with Cleveland’s Jewish young professional organizations.
3. Take responsibility for tasks and initiatives within the department as assigned by the Young Leadership Director.
- Additional relevant duties as they are assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Strong commitment to the Federation’s mission and an ability to interpret this mission.
- Knowledgeable about the Jewish community.
- Interpersonal skills and relationship building skills
- Problem solving ability
- Strategic thinking skills
- Results driven
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at one time and meet deadlines.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- High emotional intelligence
- Flexibility to work “after hours” including Saturday nights, Sundays and evenings.
- Reliable method of transportation is required.
Education, Training and/or Experience
- Undergraduate degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in fundraising, engagement or Jewish communal work preferred.
About the Federation:
The Jewish Federation of Cleveland is a 116-year-old community cornerstone that aspires to leave no community member behind. Rooted in traditional Jewish values of justice (tzedek), repairing the world (tikkun olam), acts of loving kindness (gemilut hesed), and Jewish peoplehood (klal yisrael), we commit our values into action every day. By honoring and respecting those who have come before us, and paving the way for those who will come after, we exist to build a better world and care for those who share it. Together we make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in the Cleveland area and worldwide.
If you are qualified and interested in this exceptional opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter, in a pdf format, to email@example.com.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + Advanced Degree Preferred and 0-2 years of experience.