The Jewish Federation of St. Louis is the community’s central philanthropic, planning and community-building organization. Founded in 1901, it is one of the region’s largest and oldest nonprofit organizations. Federation is committed to the development and enhancement of a thriving, vibrant Jewish community through the support of approximately 60 local, national and international agencies, programs, services and innovative projects.
Jewish Federation of St. Louis seeks a creative, highly motivated Associate, Women’s Philanthropy who will be responsible for building & stewarding relationships, cultivating volunteer leadership and building community. The Associate, Women’s Philanthropy will serve as a part of the Development team, while working closely with lay leaders to maximize education, engagement, volunteer leadership and philanthropy among women in the Jewish community. This role will involve planning and executing various events and programs, including but not limited to campaign-related events, education or engagement-oriented events, community service, and leadership development programs.
- Primary planning responsibility for assigned Women’s Philanthropy events.
- Assist with planning and facilitating meetings with Women’s Philanthropy Chair, Executive Committee and Board meetings.
- Assist with annual L’Chaim event.
- Manage a portfolio of 60-80 donors, primarily ones in the Women’s Philanthropy segment including serving as a primary contact, cultivating and soliciting each year.
- Create relationships with constituency and leadership.
- Recruit, develop and train volunteer leaders; make referrals to appropriate Federation committees and leadership programs.
- Conduct and track outreaches to individuals participating in our programs and events as well as build relationships with new participants.
- Implement strategies to convert event attendees to donors.
- Strategically connect the dots between events and development work.
- Build relationships with individual donors and strengthen their connection to and support of the Jewish Federation.
- Work in partnership with Development and other departments of the Federation to ensure collaboration and synergy of outreach programs.
- Assist the Manager of Women’s Philanthropy on projects and strategies that help move efforts forward.
- Participate in relevant community events and networking opportunities.
- Contribute to the overall success of Federation.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related area
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in event planning, or related field.
- Knowledge of and understanding of Jewish culture and traditions a plus.
- Knowledge of the St. Louis Jewish Community a plus.
- A solid sales and/or solicitation track record with effective closing skills and a persuasive ability to encourage philanthropic behavior.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to meet, greet and educate people with confidence and poise. Must be highly personable, energetic, and a self-starter.
- A charismatic individual that engenders confidence and trust. The incumbent must possess a reputation of integrity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Must have the ability to work with multiple levels of lay and professional/staff resources, utilizing them to effectively realize increased revenue.
- Prior experience in working closely with and motivating others (experience with volunteers is a plus).
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and be detail-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to work under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to logically solve problems with minimal supervision.
- A positive attitude and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Uses discretion handling and communicating sensitive information.
- Ability and flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
The Jewish Federation of St. Louis offers an extensive benefits package including health, dental, 403(b), paid vacation, paid holidays, sick and personal time, life insurance, LTD and more.
For consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jewish Federation of St. Louis is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree Required.