The Jewish Federations of North America (“JFNA”)
The Jewish Federations of North America represents 146 Jewish Federations and over 300 Network communities, which raise and distribute more than $3 billion annually for social welfare, social services, and educational needs. The Jewish Federation system, collectively among the top 10 charities on the continent, builds and sustains flourishing Jewish communities in North America and protects and enhances the well-being of the State of Israel and the Jewish people worldwide.
The Jewish Changemakers Fellowship (Changemakers) is a new initiative to develop Jewish leaders in their early 20’s (Gen Z). First piloted in summer 2020, Changemakers begins as a three-week intensive online experience rooted in Jewish values, career and professional advancement, global Jewish community, and activism around pivotal social issues. With more than 1700 young adults having completed the Changemakers curriculum since the 2020 launch, JFNA and its partners seek to engage these emerging leaders more deeply and to inspire their ongoing involvement in the Jewish community.
- Design, implement, oversee, and adapt the existing three-week online curriculum + innovate new models for delivering the Changemakers ‘intensive’ experience,’ achieving program growth and depth metrics.
- Oversee curriculum evaluation and refinement.
- Manage and coordinate JFNA’s internal (cross-department) Changemakers educational team.
- Recruit, train, manage, and evaluate faculty (speakers, facilitators).
- Manage participant recruitment and marketing for Changemakers intensive(s), including relationships with local Federations and partner organizations to raise visibility, grow database, and guide prospective applicants to Changemakers
- Capture and communicate Changemakers human interest stories. Partner with JFNA Marketing & Communications Team to identify key themes and strategy to communicate impact of the intensive experience.
- Manage recruitment, training, and evaluation for small-group Cohort Coaches to support Changemakers intensive.
- Manage all aspects of Changemakers intensive implementation, including customer support, troubleshooting, vendor relationships, candidate application review, and build-out of Changemakers small-group cohorts.
- Participate in the strategic planning, evaluation and learning process associated with this new initiative.
- Bachelor's Degree, Master’s Degree preferred
- 5-7 years of experience, ideally in the areas of young adult education and/or leadership development
- Excitement at engaging Next Gen in meaningful Jewish educational & leadership opportunities
- Experience developing curricula and new educational initiatives
- Understanding of adult learning theory, NextGen engagement, leadership development and/or Experiential
- Comfort with metrics - for assessing and reporting growth
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, strategic thinker and doer
- Strong team player and comfortable with independent work
Competitive salary. Comprehensive benefits package. Preferably based in NY and open to remote location. Occasional travel to NY required.
Please submit a resume and cover letter, with ‘Associate Director, Changemakers Program Experience & Growth’ in the subject to Rachel.Shtern@jfna.org.