Jewish Federation of St. Louis seeks a collaborative, highly motivated Associate, Community Impact who will be responsible for providing support to the four main functions of the Community Impact team: Needs Assessment, Planning, Community Investment and Impact & Evaluation.
Investing in more than 100 community partners in St. Louis and Israel, the Community Impact department is responsible for assessing community needs, creating plans to meet those needs, investing in them (grant making), and evaluating the impact of our investments.
- Through collaborative work and potential management of specific processes and projects, contribute to continuously improve the effectiveness of Community Impact’s work.
- Build authentic and strong relationships with community partners.
- Facilitate and work with groups to reach a decision.
- Synthesize complex information and present in meaningful ways to lay audiences.
- Function as a thought partner with organizations to create an evaluation plan for programs.
- Contribute to the overall success of the team and the Jewish Federation of St. Louis.
Preferred Skills & Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in related field. Master’s degree, preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Deep knowledge of the St. Louis Jewish community or other Jewish communities, preferred.
- Prior experience with designing and conducting interviews and focus groups.
- Evaluation experience: knowledge of outcomes vs outputs vs metrics; ability to determine which metrics/data will be most helpful to an organization in understanding their impact.
- Prior experience with survey design, data collection and analysis of results.
- Prior experience working in communities to assess need, conduct literature reviews, interview stakeholders, and review and interpret related data.
- Prior experience with funding non-profits: understands budgets; nuanced understanding of funder/grantee power dynamics; experience developing a funding strategy to meet a community need.
- Project management: Ability to design and manage scope of work, timelines and deliverables.
- Experience with giving presentations to groups and facilitating meetings.
- Critical thinking: Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- May be required to work at night or on weekends to assist at special events, to manage workload or to meet deadlines.
The Jewish Federation of St. Louis is the community’s central philanthropic, planning and community-building organization. Founded in 1901, it is one of the region’s largest and oldest nonprofit organizations. Federation is committed to the development and enhancement of a thriving, vibrant Jewish community through the support of approximately 100 local, national and international agencies, programs, services and innovative projects.
The Jewish Federation of St. Louis offers an extensive benefits package including health, dental, 403(b), paid vacation, paid holidays, sick and personal time, life insurance, LTD and more.
Jewish Federation of St. Louis is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + Advanced Degree Preferred and 3-5 years of experience.