Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree Preferred.
DEPARTMENT: Israel and Overseas
REPORTS TO: Managing Director Israel and Overseas/ UIA
The Jewish Federations of North America (“JFNA”) represents 146 Jewish Federations and over 300 Network communities, which raise more than $3 billion annually for social welfare, social services, and educational needs. The Federation movement, collectively among the top 10 charities on the continent, protects and enhances the well-being of Jews worldwide through the values of tikkun olam (repairing the world), tzedakah, (charity and social justice), chesed ( caring and compassion), and Torah ( Jewish learning).
The Israel and Overseas (I&O) Department is the arm of JFNA responsible for the programs and policies of JFNA with regard to Jewish communities outside the US and their relations with the American Federation system. United Israel Appeal (UIA) is a distinct legal entity within JFNA, responsible for the allocation and oversight of funds raised by U.S. Jewish Federations to support programs and services in Israel, working through the Jewish Agency as its operating agent in Israel. Additionally, UIA secures and monitors U.S. grant funds for humanitarian migration to Israel. The Administrative Associate reports to the Managing Director/Secretary UIA, who is the senior dedicated professional in JFNA’s New York Office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide full administrative services to the Managing Director and other members of the Israel and Overseas team as necessary
• Support planning of UIA meetings, including coordinating meeting calendar, preparing materials and presentations, and tracking attendance
• Engage and correspond with UIA and I&O lay and professional leadership regarding ongoing matters on the UIA and I&O agendas and around ad hoc inquiries
• Manage contact data and lists in coordination with Israel office staff and the IT Department
• Support participation of the UIA/JFNA members of the Jewish Agency Board of Governors meetings, including travel logistics and registration
• Engage in basic research as needed via internet search engines
• Maintain close working ties with JFNA’s Finance Department on issues regarding UIA funding
• Other duties as assigned
• Prior administrative experience is essential
• Detail-oriented, a team player, and a problem solver
• Good interpersonal, verbal, administrative, and organizational skills
• Excellent customer service skills utilizing up to date technology
• Ability to take the initiative, multi-task, and work well under pressure
• High proficiency and comfort in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, Salesforce, Cvent, database management, and other systems as appropriate
• Familiarity with Israel desirable
• BA degree strongly preferred